Morning Report 10/5/2012
Published: October 5,2012
Time posted: 9:28 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Parry, Newman file complaint against Ritchie over voter ID activity 10/4/12 12:31 p.m.
- First presidential debate exasperates fact-checkers: A round up 10/4/12 1:10 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Analysis: Is Nolan’s political past coming back to haunt him?, politics.mn
- Crazy train, True North
- Minnesota: Your budget forecast day is…, Hot Dish Politics
- Just take the partisan out of the SOS Office, mnpACT!
- Jim Graves interview questions, Let Freedom Ring
- Mankato Free Press editorial board: Take another look at Voter ID, Bluestem Prairie
- Gina Bauman for Minnesota Senate, Enlighten New Brighton
- Michele Bachmann: another pre-election puff, this time from the PiPress, MN Progressive Project
- ‘I raise my hand for you to give me stuff’, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Audit finds a few problems with Historical Society Legacy grants, MPR
- Owner of idled Fairmont ethanol plant misses debt payments, Star Tribune 10/4/12 2:08 p.m.
- Dawson, Minn., receives $1.2 million grant today for industrial park project, West Central Tribune 10/4/12 2:11 p.m.
- For top foe, marriage amendment fight is for freedom, Star Tribune 10/5/12 7:33 a.m.
- Voter ID amendment debated at Metro State, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 11:21 p.m.
- ‘Honey Badger’ running for State House. Doesn’t give a …, SW Minneapolis Patch
- Jim Graves: ‘I want to bring some civility and common sense … to Congress and build a good economy for the middle class again.’, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 10:32 p.m.
- Ritchie accused of overstepping his office, Star Tribune 10/4/12 8:42 p.m.
- GOP senators file complaint against secretary of state, MPR
- GOP senators file complaint over Mark Ritchie’s voting amendment actions, MinnPost 10/4/12 2:00 p.m.
- GOP senators file complaint saying Ritchie misleading on amendment, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 12:32 p.m.
- Judge says Minnesota man with guardian can vote, Star Tribune 10/5/12 12:10 a.m
- Minnesota wins grant to reduce fish mercury exposure, AP
- St. Paul partners with state to create nature preserve, unearth filled-in creek, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 8:25 p.m.
- Wolf hunt lottery results out soon, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Farmington city election preview, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 6:41 p.m.
- Mankato Council candidates talk collaboration, revitalization, Mankato Free Press
- Minnesota courts expand e-filing, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 3:00 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Norm Coleman: Keep it easy to vote by ensuring ballot integrity, Star Tribune 10/5/12 7:17 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Take another look at Voter ID, Mankato Free Press
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Whooping cough outbreak appears to be ebbing, AP
- Twin Cities: 600 given steroid linked to meningitis outbreak, Pioneer Press 10/4/12 8:12 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- A streetcar corridor in Minneapolis?, Star Tribune 10/4/12 5:21 p.m.
- Hastings bridge delays to cost state nearly $2.1 million, Star Tribune 10/4/12 8:36 p.m.