Morning Report 10/24/2012
Published: October 24,2012
Time posted: 9:46 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- State GOP chair makes late pitch to adequately fund election efforts 10/23/12 12:03 p.m.
- Health exchange future, federal grant questioned by GOP legislators 10/23/12 1:54 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Beneath arguments, amendment battles foretell bad politics, Minnesota Brown
- The Range is changing, Let Freedom Ring
- Outside money buying mud-slinging in the 8th District, Hot Dish Politics
- Flier attacks Senjem on stem cell vote, Political Notebook
- Stamping out pockets of resistance, Left MN
- DFL candidates rip Republicans on Medicare, Capitol View
- Perspective, True North
- If the facts and the law are against you…, Foreign and Domestic
- Don’t let Ernie Leidiger fly under the radar, Brick City Blog
- Why I’m voting for the MN Supreme Court incumbents, True North
- Seriously, “Minnesotans for Marriage?” The Nazi Card?, Wry Wing Politics
- Handicapping the House, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- The great property tax free-for-all, Finance and Commerce 10/24/12 7:30 a.m.
- With loans to developers, all was usually forgiven, Finance and Commerce 10/24/12 7:24 a.m.
- Counting construction jobs proves difficult, Finance and Commerce 10/24/12 7:28 a.m.
- Zillow: Twin Cities home values post biggest bump in six years, Star Tribune 10/23/12 11:17 a.m.
- Valspar to invest $30 million in Minneapolis headquarters, add 135 jobs, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 11:02 a.m.
- Capella Education profits down nearly 50 percent in 3rd quarter, Star Tribune 10/23/12 10:51 a.m.
- Xcel no longer backing Prairie Island upgrade, Star Tribune 10/23/12 11:26 a.m.
- Minnesota mining lease bids open today, MPR
- Target to sell credit card business to TD Bank Group for $5.9 billion, AP
- Nolan hits Cravaack on family’s move out of Minnesota, AP
- Duluth TV station pulls ad that claims Cravaack doesn’t live in Minnesota, Duluth News Tribune 10/24/12 12:00 a.m.
- DFL ad for Nolan on Cravaack’s residency pulled by Duluth TV station, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 6:12 p.m.
- Pro marriage amendment campaign apologizes for Hitler comparison, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 6:54 p.m.
- Why the St. Paul Pioneer Press dropped political endorsements, MinnPost 10/23/12 10:00 a.m.
- Panel discussion smooths encounter between Ellison, Fields, MPR
- Rochester legislative candidates face off, Rochester Post-Bulletin 10/23/12 9:26 a.m.
- District 25 legislative candidates square off in forums, Rochester Post-Bulletin 10/23/12 9:25 a.m.
- Gimse emphasizes his legislative record, touts work on Transportation Committee, West Central Tribune 10/24/12 12:00 a.m.
- John Kline leads Mike Obermueller in congressional race, poll says, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Tea partiers try quieter tack in 2012 campaigns, MPR
- Minneapolis votes to stay in integration district, Star Tribune 10/23/12 9:08 p.m.
- St. Paul schools levy campaign supporters outraise opponents, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Nation’s racial legacy shapes Minnesota’s voter ID debate, Star Tribune 10/23/12 9:41 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- County Board votes against local sales tax, New Ulm Journal
- Dakota County turns to Hennepin for coroner services, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 9:59 p.m.
- All-day kindergarten back on the ballot in St. Paul, Star Tribune 10/23/12 10:16 p.m.
- Vadnais Heights city attorney: Forensic audit of sports center finances will eventually be released to public, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 7:37 p.m.
- Dakota County approves morgue merger with Hennepin County, Star Tribune 10/23/12 8:43 p.m.
- MN to ask for more health exchange funds, MPR
- Commission questions health exchange development funds, Session Daily
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Andy Tix: On marriage, all talking, too little listening, Star Tribune 10/23/12 7:19 p.m.
- Jon Tevlin: Family runs deep for gay stepsister of Bachmann, Star Tribune 10/23/12 8:13 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Peterson is choice for the 7th District, West Central Tribune 10/23/12 5:26 p.m.
- Editorial: Keep high court incumbents on job, Star Tribune 10/23/12 6:46 p.m.
- Editorial: Competitive races in Minnesota Districts 53, 54, Pioneer Press 10/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Editorial: Our picks for Hennepin County district court judges, Star Tribune 10/23/12 7:14 p.m.
- Sen. Al Franken pays tribute to Paul and Sheila Wellstone, MinnPost 10/23/12 9:58 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Health commissioner says state’s health is slipping, Mankato Free Press
- Drug fraud settlement will net Minn. $4.5M, Star Tribune 10/23/12 7:40 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Glimpse into Chain of Lakes future?, Star Tribune 10/23/12 10:37 a.m.
- Summer interns, armed with iPads, save Minneapolis $250,000, MinnPost 10/23/12 10:14 a.m.