Morning Report 10/2/2012
Published: October 2,2012
Time posted: 9:31 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Obama speeds up Southwest Corridor LRT project 10/1/12 12:22 p.m.
- Chip Cravaack snags NRA endorsement 10/1/12 4:28 p.m.
- Pro-marriage amendment group releases two television ads 10/1/12 4:49 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Female Conservative Derangement Syndrome, Shot in the Dark
- National Rifle Association endorses Cravaack, Hot Dish Politics
- Michele Bachmann: why is the Strib working so hard to get her re-elected?, MN Progressive Project
- DCCC trims MN ad budget in 1st District, Capitol View
- DFL, PEUs attempting to buy the legislature, Let Freedom Ring
- The mythical impact of Photo ID on miitary voters, Part 2, Foreign and Domestic
- Expediting boondoggles, rationing freedom, Residual Forces
- Is the idea of a John Kline merely existential?, mnpACT!
- Bills: Oh crud, it’s October already?, MN Progressive Project
- Terri Bonoff: Lifelong Democrat, True North
- Frac sand, Bakken & Ackman: the DM&E’s fate in Canadian Pacific Rail’s December strategic plan, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Xcel must retain solar subsidy, Star Tribune 10/1/12 9:16 p.m.
- State: Xcel Energy must continue Solar Rewards program, MPR
- Senate candidate Bills to take campaign to all of Minnesota’s 87 counties, Pioneer Press 10/1/12 3:34 p.m.
- Marriage amendment: TV ad battle now underway, Star Tribune 10/1/12 7:50 p.m.
- Same-sex marriage opponents debut first TV ads, MPR
- U of M Alumni Association asks legislative candidates about higher-education support, MinnPost 10/1/12 12:40 p.m.
- St. Paul schools experiences small enrollment increase, Pioneer Press 10/1/12 9:26 p.m.
- Kaler shares university’s business savvy at D.C. forum, Star Tribune 10/1/12 9:18 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Duluth City Council considers allowing beekeeping in city, Duluth News Tribune
- North Mankato City Council rejects marriage amendment hearing, Mankato Free Press
- Expansion of sales tax discussed, Mankato Free Press
- St. Cloud mayor plans for city’s first raises in four years, MPR
- Former Justice Center director Joy Bartscher named Ramsey County judge, MinnPost 10/1/12 2:45 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Dan Salomone: To balance our revenue system, start with a balanced discussion, MinnPost 10/2/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: For growing transit police force, clarity, Star Tribune 10/1/12 9:43 p.m.
- Return Rep. Dill’s quest for solutions, Duluth News Tribune 10/2/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Feds give $21 million for Phase 2 of Minnesota Veterans Home upgrade, MinnPost 10/1/12 1:29 p.m.
- Brooklyn Center protesters have sand mining concerns, Star Tribune 10/1/12 10:02 p.m.
- Residents, officials doubt MSP airport expansion plan, Star Tribune 10/1/12 9:33 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Brothers take leap, open Culvers on University Avenue, Finance and Commerce 10/1/12 3:01 p.m.
- Vikings stadium: See the design concepts, Pioneer Press 10/1/12 2:23 p.m.