Morning Report 10/18/2012
Published: October 18,2012
Time posted: 9:48 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Both sides go all out in Saxhaug-Carlson SD 5 duel 10/17/12 3:40 p.m.
- Mayors want LGA changes in ’14-’15 budget 10/17/12 3:33 p.m.
- Kaler’s first U of M budget breaks new ground 101/7/12 3:28 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Let’s make higher-ed completion our ‘shared and central mission 10/17/12 3:16 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Predictable outcomes 10/17/12 3:07 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Minnesota Legislative Race Ratings – Senate Edition, Left MN
- PoliGraph: DFL falsely links state lawmakers to Medicare, Capitol View
- Marriage amendment Vote NO trendline still good, mnpACT!
- Johnson vs. Newberger: spendaholic vs. fiscal sanity, Let Freedom Ring
- Marriage amendment supporters release new, contrasting ad, Hot Dish Politics
- At GOP rally, SD24 candidate Swedin calls DFLers ‘rats,’ Nov. ‘Rodent Removal Month’, Bluestem Prairie
- Carlson weighs in on Brodkorb and marriage amendment, Political Notebook
- St. Paul reversal followed Coleman meeting with Dayton, Capitol View
- Key to photo ID outcome: Continued persuasion of seniors, minorities and independents, Wry Wing Politics
- Cows, colleges and content: a look at how the voter restriction amendment will crimp students, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- ATK wins $32M ammunition contract with Air Force, Star Tribune 10/17/12 9:45 a.m.
- ‘Vote No’ side gains ground on marriage amendment, KSTP 10/18/12 7:42 a.m.
- Cravaack, Nolan and outside groups release a new wave of ads, MinnPost 10/17/12 2:30 p.m.
- Party leaders push for control of the Minn. Senate, MPR
- Marriage amendment debate division in Grand Rapids, MPR
- Uneasy bedfellows, religion and politics in Red Wing marriage amendment debate, MPR
- Ramsey County Board District 7: Dunnigan, Reinhardt, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 5:38 p.m.
- Inver Grove City Council: Four vie for pair of seats, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 7:46 p.m.
- Lake Elmo candidate accuses mayor of stealing her campaign literature, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 3:05 p.m.
- Montplaisir seeking to unseat Drazkowski, Winona Daily News
- District 18A candidates bring plenty to the table, West Central Tribune 10/18/12 12:00 a.m.
- Love is love vs. sin is sin in Moorhead marriage amendment debate, MPR
- Some parents protest Duluth school’s ‘Vote Yes’ signs for Minnesota marriage amendment, Duluth News Tribune 10/18/12 7:35 a.m.
- St. Thomas tops its $500 million goal, despite the recession, Star Tribune 10/17/12 9:28 p.m.
- County accumulates absentee votes, Albert Lea Tribune 10/17/12 9:57 a.m.
- New prairie plan aims to rebuild native wetlands, Albert Lea Tribune 10/17/12 9:54 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Stillwater: Residents will continue push for city swimming pool, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 8:15 p.m.
- Minnesota wants law firm back on 3M pollution case, Star Tribune 10/17/12 5:51 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Robert Schroeder: Photo ID: Proof of identity keeps faith with Minnesota’s constitution, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 5:40 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Minnesota House: It’s Lohmer vs. DeGree in swing district 39A, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 5:40 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- State pushes road safety as fatalities on rise, Mankato Free Press
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul council nixes East Side home for women, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 7:58 p.m.
- Minneapolis City Hall clocks due for a $2 million face-lift, Star Tribune 10/17/12 9:58 p.m.
- St. Paul does about-face, will bid out Saints stadium, Finance and Commerce 10/17/12 11:46 a.m.
- St. Paul drops plan, will open Saints ballpark for bids, MPR
- St. Paul to seek bids for Saints ballpark design after lawsuit, Pioneer Press 10/17/12 5:23 p.m.