Morning Report 10/16/2012
Published: October 16,2012
Time posted: 9:31 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Cravaack calls out DFL challenger Rick Nolan’s past business troubles 10/15/12 4:08 p.m.
- DCCC adds CD6 Democrat Jim Graves to targeted races list 10/15/12 9:42 a.m.
- Voter ID opposition goes up on airwaves 10/15/12 10:49 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Two new ads hit Nolan’s voting record, Capitol View
- Mayors urge state aid reform, Hot Dish Politics
- Opponents of photo ID release first TV ad, Hot Dish Politics
- Franken seeks more wireless location information, Capitol Chatter
- Democrats and Republicans battle over property taxes, Capitol View
- DCCC to assist Graves, Let Freedom Ring
- Cravaack told a whopper at the At Issue debate, mnpACT!
- Fearless predictions, Shot in the Dark
- Nienstedt = Genius, The Same Rowdy Crowd
- Kline maintains fundraising advantage over Obermueller in Second District, Hot Dish Politics
- I doubt DOD & Petraeus approved this message, Residual Forces
- Brodkorb-Koch scandal becomes campaign lit fodder, Capitol View
- Brodkorb: It’s about family? And I’ve got a bridge to sell you, mnpACT!
- Shocked — SHOCKED — by these revelations, MN Progressive Project
- Was the Brodkorb firing just a ‘palace coup?’, Wry Wing Politics
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Wind industry braces for life without tax credits, Finance and Commerce 10/16/12 7:15 a.m.
- Sugar beet harvest goes on in midst of national boycott, MPR
- SurveyUSA/KSTP Poll: Minn. 6th Congressional District, KSTP 10/15/12 5:22 p.m.
- Cravaack, outside groups heighten criticism of Nolan in 8th, MPR
- Lynx star Augustus speaks out against marriage amendment, AP
- District 28A: 28-year-old Winona bartender hopes for a ‘change of pace’, Winona Daily News
- Pelowski running for 14th term at state Capitol, Winona Daily News
- Quist raises $23,125, loans self $160,000, New Ulm Journal
- Walz holds fundraising lead over Quist, Mankato Free Press
- Kline to release first television ad; outraises Obermueller, Pioneer Press 10/15/12 3:21 p.m.
- Minneapolis school district takes state to court, Star Tribune 10/15/12 9:32 p.m.
- University of Minnesota developing home-grown diesel alternative, Finance and Commerce 10/16/12 6:30 a.m.
- Minn. Supreme Court asked to block wolf season, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Vadnais Heights suing former arena management group for website rights, Star Tribune 10/15/12 10:45 p.m.
- Minnesota Supreme Court: New justice set for oath, Pioneer Press 10/16/12 6:34 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Frank Bruni: Bachmann family values, New York Times
- Myles Spicer: Voter ID amendment runs contrary to American history and constitutional traditions, MinnPost
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A ban on therapy to ‘pray away the gay’, Star Tribune 10/15/12 9:17 p.m.
- Send back Sen. Bakk in Senate District 3, Duluth News Tribune 10/16/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Fifth meningitis case in state tied to outbreak, Star Tribune 10/15/12 1:53 p.m.
- Infectious disease expert calls for better flu vaccines, Pioneer Press 10/15/12 12:00 p.m.
- New legal tactics take aim at synthetic pot, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul businesses on Central Corridor focus of energy-efficiency study, Finance and Commerce 10/15/12 12:23 p.m.
- St. Paul dealing with other legal challenges, Finance and Commerce 10/16/12 7:30 a.m.
- Minneapolis transition to one-sort recycling expected to ramp up participation, MinnPost
- Temporary restraining order sought in St. Paul Saints stadium case, Finance and Commerce 10/15/12 4:01 p.m.
- Taxpayer group sues to halt St. Paul Saints ballpark, Finance and Commerce 10/12/12 4:40 p.m.
- Public weighs in on Vikings stadium design, MPR
- Gateway Corridor: Bus rapid transit gets the nod, Pioneer Press 10/15/12 2:28 p.m.