Morning Report 9/7/2012
Published: September 7,2012
Time posted: 9:36 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- How the Voter ID amendment could change voting in this state, Brick City Blog
- Questions about Chris Gerlach and the BRT alternative, mnpACT!
- Whatever happened to Firebrand Franken?, Wry Wing Politics
- Slime machine cranking up in 48A for Stensrud, MN Progressive Project
- Range solar plant woes another black eye for local strategy, Minnesota Brown
- Will GOP-backed ballot questions help or hurt DFL candidates?, Wry Wing Politics
- The ghosts of the 2010 governor’s race still haunt Minnesota Republicans, politics.mn
- Judge orders Senate, Brodkorb into settlement talks, Hot Dish Politics
- Brodkorb, Senate face court-ordered settlement talks, Capitol View
- What’s the big attraction of electronic pulltabs?, News Cut
- Alliance for a Better Minnesota expands focus to 8th CD race, Capitol View
- Iron Range mayors, city council upset with EPA, PUC, Let Freedom Ring
- Family drama, DFL convention charge House 7B frenzy, Minnesota Brown
- Yes…it does take a village, Gov. Arne Carlson
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- TIF district created for senior project in Andover, Finance and Commerce 9/7/12 7:10 a.m.
- Penumbra, the nation’s largest African-American theater, is suspending programming, Star Tribune 9/6/12 9:46 a.m.
- Cottage Grove Walmart OK’d for drive-in site, Pioneer Press 9/6/12 7:13 p.m.
- U readies for first beer sales at TCF Bank Stadium, MPR
- Allianz Life to pay $10M over annuities, Star Tribune 9/6/12 9:29 p.m.
- National gay rights group recruits volunteers for Minn., other states with gay marriage votes, AP
- Rep. Keith Ellison reacts to Democratic platform changes on Jerusalem, God, MinnPost 9/6/12 10:40 a.m.
- Coming next week: TV ads on Congress, Legislature, AP
- Video: Minnesota House District 7B candidate forum, Duluth News Tribune 9/6/12 7:42 p.m.
- Minnesota’s DNC delegates ready for fall campaign, MPR
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz promotes jobs for vets, New Ulm Journal
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Brooklyn Center won’t store license plate tracking data, Star Tribune 9/6/12 5:46 p.m.
- Cliffs, Steelworkers set date for more talks Taconite operations will remain open, Duluth News Tribune 9/7/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Sandy Pappas: As students begin the school year, we must act to protect their opportunities, MinnPost 9/7/12 5:00 a.m.
- Robert Dickson: Michele Bachmann is Minnesota Nice, Star Tribune 9/6/12 8:31 p.m.
- Rev. David Carlson: Don’t let marriage amendment narrow your field of vision, Duluth News Tribune 9/7/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: State employee pact deserves green light, Star Tribune 9/6/12 8:06 p.m.
- Helgen named head of Envision Minnesota, Pioneer Press 9/6/12 5:11 p.m.
- Jessica Kingston named new St. Paul Human Rights director, MinnPost 9/6/12 2:30 p.m.
- Obituary: DFL strategist Lauren Maker stood ‘up to the machine’, Star Tribune 9/6/12 9:25 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Stillwater: Early Childhood Family Center to open, Pioneer Press 9/6/12 7:20 p.m.
- Proud new U.S. citizens, Star Tribune 9/6/12 9:42 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Participation levels up — but not diversity — on Minneapolis advisory panels, MinnPost 9/6/12 10:16 a.m.
- St. Paul is paying $140,800 to revamp crime lab, Star Tribune 9/6/12 6:32 p.m.
- Mpls. City Council member’s phone message creates stir, KSTP 9/7/12 8:01 a.m.
- Architects bidding on Vikings stadium showcase their work, AP
- Vikings stadium: What will it look like? We should know soon, Pioneer Press 9/6/12 11:36 p.m.
- Architects make pitches for Vikings stadium contract, MPR
- Electronic pulltabs may soon be in the game, Star Tribune 9/6/12 9:50 p.m.
- MnDOT Commissioner in Willmar Friday to discusses transportation, West Central Tribune 9/6/12 4:44 p.m.