Morning Report 9/6/2012
Published: September 6,2012
Time posted: 9:44 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Top DHS officials leaving agency 9/5/12 4:38 p.m.
- Stadium project awaits bond ruling 9/5/12 4:33 p.m.
- Appeals court rules against Minnesota law on corporate campaign disclosure 9/5/12 4:53 p.m.
- Simonson has inside track for 7B endorsement 9/5/12 4:28 p.m.
- David Schultz: The personal costs of the Voter ID amendment 9/5/12 4:14 p.m.
- Steven Schier: Activist antics undercut Minnesota politics 9/5/12 4:12 p.m.
- Dane Smith: FAQ: Why the Voter ID amendment is a bad idea 9/5/12 4:10 p.m.
- GOP Senators fined for violating campaign finance law 9/5/12 1:47 p.m.
- Michael Langley: The dot connector 9/5/12 4:00 p.m.
- Capitol 10: The best campaigners 9/5/12 4:02 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The Battle for the Minnesota Legislature: The Minnesota House of Representatives, politics.mn
- Eleven senators, Sviggum to pay fines for violating campaign law, Capitol View
- Senate Republicans violated election law, Hot Dish Politics
- Keith the snookered, Left MN
- MN Farm Bureau president Kevin Paap totally rebuts Quist’s notion of a Farm Bill without food, Bluestem Prairie
- Revenue Department not seeking money for refunds, Capitol Chatter
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- MN credit unions rank high in financial performance, Finance and Commerce 9/5/12 7:18 p.m.
- Midwest power grid operator MISO to relocate to Eagan, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 2:50 p.m.
- Where Minnesota house prices have suffered the worst, Star Tribune 9/5/12 1:33 p.m.
- MN Orchestra seeks big cut in musician salaries, MPR
- 1st District candidate Quist criticizes farm bill proposal, Mankato Free Press
- Quist talks farm bill, campaign in Winona, Winona Daily News
- Quist makes his opposition to Farm Bill an issue, New Ulm Journal
- Walz critical of Quist’s acceptance of subsidies, New Ulm Journal
- Campaigns over voter ID amendment ramp up, MPR
- Anti-same-sex marriage group makes first Minn. TV buy, AP
- Klobuchar pays convention visit to Iowa activists, AP
- Simonson: Candidacy depends on DFL endorsement, Duluth News Tribune 9/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Sign of the times? Fewer political candidate yard signs in Twin Cities, KSTP 9/5/12 7:24 p.m.
- MN delegation at DNC wonders what might have been, KSTP 9/5/12 6:40 p.m.
- Klobuchar raises her national profile at DNC, MPR
- Democratic National Convention: Minneapolis labor leader raps GOP nominee, Bain, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 11:46 p.m.
- U of M seeks RFPs for $81M power plant project, Finance and Commerce 9/5/12 5:14 p.m.
- Lightning strikes touch off more fires in BWCA, Star Tribune 9/5/12 1:22 p.m.
- Wolf’s recovery seen in higher livestock-loss payouts, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 2:49 p.m.
- Invasive species found in container of live bait raises concerns, KSTP 9/5/12 7:14 p.m.
- Pesticide treatment on zebra mussels may work in one northern lake, MPR
- Dogs learn to sniff out ash borers, Star Tribune 9/5/12 9:18 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Dakota County land protected but not open to public, Star Tribune 9/5/12 9:55 p.m.
- Appeals court rules disclosure law likely unconstitutional, MPR
- Minnesota corporate disclosure law rejected on appeal, AP
- Court quashes part of Minn.’s campaign finance law, Star Tribune 9/5/12 9:53 p.m.
- Pioneer Press management company partner files Chapter 11, MinnPost 9/5/12 11:19 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Mark Ritchie: Minnesota voting amendment would change much more than you might think, MinnPost 9/6/12 5:00 a.m.
- Wally Hilke: Let Minnesota lawmakers manage the election process, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 6:48 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: In St. Paul, new tools for listening on public issues, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 6:47 p.m.
- Editorial: Police brutality in the age of YouTube, Star Tribune 9/6/12 6:21 a.m.
- Liberian leader visits expatriates in Minnesota, Star Tribune 9/5/12 11:30 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Minneapolis homeowners offer safe shelter for homeless young people, MinnPost 9/5/12 10:30 a.m.
- Children at heart of marriage amendment debate, partisans say, MPR
- Dinkytown or Stinkytown? Trash mounds anger residents, Star Tribune 9/5/12 8:28 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- A new chapter in Dayton’s Bluff, Finance and Commerce 9/5/12 5:09 p.m.
- St. Paul to seek partners to help staff rec centers, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 7:21 p.m.
- Plan for 1,000-room downtown Mpls. hotel surfaces again, Star Tribune 9/5/12 9:24 p.m.
- Bidders for designing Vikings stadium to show off work at Dome, Star Tribune 9/5/12 11:46 p.m.
- Vikings stadium electronic pulltabs debut just weeks away, MPR
- Central Corridor, Hiawatha LRTs connected, Finance and Commerce 9/5/12 5:17 p.m.
- Central Corridor, Hiawatha tracks connected in downtown Minneapolis, Pioneer Press 9/5/12 5:03 p.m.