Morning Report 9/10/2012
Published: September 10,2012
Time posted: 9:55 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Voter ID ballot campaigns struggle 9/7/12 3:08 p.m.
- Murray fights to keep Albert Lea red 9/7/12 3:02 p.m.
- Both parties covet Kriesel seat 9/7/12 2:57 p.m.
- David Strom: Sound bites don’t say everything, but they are revealing 9/7/12 2:51 p.m.
- Simonson could see challenge for DFL edorsement in HD 7B 9/7/12 10:07 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Bills lags Klobuchar in new poll, but his campaign sees it as positive, Capitol View
- Expanding on Chairman Shortridge’s suggestion, True North
- The Battle for the Minnesota Legislature: The Minnesota House of Representatives: The Fundraising, politics.mn
- Simonson wins DFL nod for Duluth House 7B seat, Minnesota Brown
- Paulsen sort of agrees to debate Barnes; two Walz-Quist debates set; Kline can’t find time, Bluestem Prairie
- Bad news day for the Voter Restriction & Suppression Amendment, Growth & Justice
- Idle Hands – Part 2: So Let’s Debate, Shot in the Dark
- You can make a difference this election season, True North
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Minnesota job growth tainted by low wages, Star Tribune 9/8/12 9:31 p.m.
- Horse breeders excited by additional purse money at Canterbury Park, MPR
- DFL endorses Simonson for Minnesota House 7B race, Duluth News Tribune 9/9/12 12:00 a.m.
- Duluth DFL nominates write-in candidate, MPR
- Early Rochester campaign finance reports indicate little spending, Rochester Post-Bulletin 9/7/12 7:51 a.m.
- Marriage amendment campaigns court Minnesota Muslims, Star Tribune 9/8/12 9:30 p.m.
- MN congressional candidate sued by consultant, AP
- Rick Nolan getting metro DFL money with big-name Sunday fundraiser, MinnPost
CRIME / POLICE
- Achievement gap still a concern in Minnesota, Marshall Independent
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan district’s literacy teacher also developed its software, Pioneer Press 9/8/12 8:08 p.m.
- Hamline program strives for ‘more business, less trouble’, Star Tribune 9/9/12 3:54 p.m.
- School could be key to keeping young St. Paul offenders out of trouble, Pioneer Press 9/9/12 6:37 p.m.
- Photo ID edict could hit 215,000 Minnesota voters, Star Tribune 9/8/12 10:09 p.m.
- Will the voting amendment dismantle Minnesota’s current election system?, MinnPost 9/10/12 12:00 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- BE levy up 6.7% or less, Faribault County Register
- Minnesota governments increasing technology budgets, Star Tribune 9/8/12 8:17 p.m.
- Minnesota city rating cut 8 steps after ending arena payment, Bloomberg 9/6/12 5:17 p.m.
- What’s in a name? Plenty, Edina finds, Star Tribune 9/9/12 5:59 p.m.
- PUC taps judge to review west metro power line plan, Finance and Commerce 9/7/12 4:02 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Tyler Verry: Duluth’s politicians have not delivered on their promises, Duluth News Tribune 9/8/12 12:00 a.m.
- Jeremy Dennison: One word for Minnesota: Infrastructure, Star Tribune 9/9/12 7:04 p.m.
- Tim Penny: Neither side speaks the truth, so do your homework, Rochester Post-Bulletin 9/7/12 5:51 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Minnesota campaigners: Talk more about these subjects, Pioneer Press 9/8/12 5:03 p.m.
- Editorial: A promising medical marriage, Star Tribune 9/9/12 5:59 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- William Jacobs: The Minneapolis pedophile no one stopped, Star Tribune 9/9/12 6:56 a.m.
- Former BCA supervisor: Poor ventilation may have contaminated St. Paul lab, MPR
- Brooklyn Center to add license plate readers, Star Tribune 9/9/12 7:22 p.m.
- Neighbors reach a truce with St. Paul’s downtown airport, Star Tribune 9/9/12 8:05 p.m.
- Meth labs re-emerge in SC Minnesota, AP
- Pedestrian deaths rise sharply in Minnesota, Star Tribune 9/9/12 11:52 p.m.
- Project Runway, the Vikings stadium version, Finance and Commerce 9/7/12 4:12 p.m.
- What we know about the architects seeking Vikings stadium deal, MinnPost
- Closed for business: Lift Bridge undergoes repairs, Star Tribune 9/9/12 1:50 p.m.