NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Dayton’s office denounces Parry’s pill popping remark 8/7/12 1:34 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The Parry-Dayton feud, News Cut
- Dayton calls Parry’s comments “gutter politics”, Capitol View
- Candidate sticks by claim that governor pops pills, Hot Dish Politics
- Dayton and pills: ‘scary’ or a lie?, Capitol Chatter
- Americans for Prosperity includes MN in $27m ad buy, Capitol View
- Twenty debates? Oh no, Mr. Bills!, Wry Wing Politics
- Republicans call for Ritchie’s impeachment, Let Freedom Ring
- St. Paul City Attorney declines silver platter prosecution, Left MN
- Another DFL careerist, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Better Know a Senate District: 57, LeftMN
- King Banaian is bringing higher ed reforms to Minnesota, Let Freedom Ring
- Doepke wages dishonest campaign in the mail and on Facebook, Minica Review
- Primary Colors: The DFL’s Pet Republican, Shot in the Dark
- Farmfest video: MNCD1 candidate Mike Parry & Gov. Mark Dayton respond to “pills” claim fire, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mortgages getting cheaper in Minnesota, Star Tribune 8/7/12 12:34 p.m.
- New CEO at Hutch Tech must find a path to profit, Star Tribune 8/7/12 9:03 p.m.
- IRRRB set to approve $1.3 million in loans, grants for Range projects, Duluth News Tribune 8/8/12 12:00 a.m.
- With many policy similarities, 8th District DFLers stress experience, MPR
- Walz, Parry, Quist find little to disagree about at FarmFest forum, Mankato Free Press
- Donor gives $325K to fight Minnesota’s proposed marriage amendment, AP
- Cash-strapped MN GOP buys time to pay fine, AP
- Walz, Parry, Quist find common ground and a few barbs at Farmfest forum, New Ulm Journal
- Walz, GOP rivals meet before Farmfest audience, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/7/12 8:28 p.m.
- Candidates discuss ag issues at Farmfest, Marshall Independent
- 8th District candidates make push for votes, Duluth News Tribune 8/8/12 12:00 a.m.
- Huntley pits experience against newcomer in House District 7A DFL primary, Duluth News Tribune 8/8/12 12:00 a.m.
- U.S. Rep. Paulsen gets police support in 3rd District re-election bid, MinnPost
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Cravaack wants more money to arm pilots, Star Tribune 8/7/12 10:07 p.m.
- Dayton denounces pill-popping accusation as a ‘desperate’ lie, Star Tribune 8/8/12 7:22 a.m.
- North Hennepin advances $26.2M bioscience building, Finance and Commerce 8/7/12 4:47 p.m.
- From bond sale, district taxpayers get a break, Marshall Independent
- Fine print within photo ID proposal could loom large, Star Tribune 8/7/12 10:47 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Edina adjusts policy on street assessment fees, Star Tribune 8/7/12 9:34 p.m.
- GOP lawmakers taken aback by $190M flood proposal, MPR
- Republicans express ‘sticker shock’ over price tag for state flood relief, AP
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Andrew Hasek: New St. Paul student housing rule is lose-lose, Star Tribune 8/7/12 8:15 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Inver Hills and South St. Paul give students a jump-start on college, Pioneer Press 8/7/12 6:25 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Builders exceed minority employment goals, MPR
- All eyes on Lake St. station crime, Star Tribune 8/7/12 7:24 a.m.
- Rebuffed Muslims invite St. Anthony residents to meal, Star Tribune 8/7/12 11:18 p.m.
- National Night Out helps heal Minneapolis tragedies, MPR
- Forum aims to counter mortgage scams, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- American Indian Family Center shows off improvements, Pioneer Press 8/7/12 6:36 p.m.
- Vacant Minneapolis properties are assessed huge annual fees, Star Tribune 8/8/12 7:18 a.m.
- Coleman’s elimination of rescue squad angers St. Paul firefighters, Star Tribune 8/7/12 8:01 p.m.
- Region’s park-and-ride network expands, Finance and Commerce 8/7/12 4:15 p.m.