Morning Report 8/7/12
by Adam Johnson
Published: August 7,2012
Time posted: 11:13 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Anderson, Clark take endorsements ahead of CD 8 debate, 8/6/12 2:14 p.m.
- Doepke takes heat for implying Paulsen endorsement, 8/6/12 5:02 p.m.
- Drought sparks battle over corn for ethanol, not food, KARE 11 7:58 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Bills wants more debates with Klobuchar, Capitol View
- Rendell mockingly pushes Bachmann for VP, Hot Dish Politics
- MNCD1 GOP primary: “At Issue” continues Parry-Quist catfight; So Minnie sign wars, Bluestem Prairie
- Benton County Fair Photo ID report, Let Freedom Ring
- Final week of MN-8 DFL primary brings the paper chase, Minnesota Brown
- “Thoughtful, Pragmatic”, Shot in the Dark
- The Party of Big Money – NW Metro Edition, True North
- Special session planned for August 24, Hot Dish Politics
- Mike Parry video: “When you sit across from him and you watch [Dayton] pop 15 to 16 pills while you’re having a meeting, it’s scary”, Bluestem Prairie
- Ellison holds voter ID forum in St. Louis Park, Filed Under Politics
- Big and tall: Wind farm to have Minnesota’s tallest turbines, Midwest Energy News
- Democrats Debate To Face Congressman Cravaack In MN CD8, The Uptake
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Best Buy founder offers to buy co, take it private, Star Tribune 8/6/12 11:08 a.m.
- Schulze’s bid for Best Buy faces skepticism, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal 8/6/12 2:26 p.m.
- Doran Cos. lands $50 million in construction loans, Finance and Commerce 8/6/12 8:15 a.m.
- Political Notebook: Legislative candidates report what’s in campaign coffers, Rochester Post Bulletin 8/6/12 8:06 a.m.
- Romney Trounces Obama in Fundraising for 3rd Month, KSTP 8/6/12 2:56 p.m.
- Bachmann endorses activist in primary race, St. Cloud Times 8/6/12 7:00 p.m.
- State Senate Campaign Flier Angers Congressman Erik Paulsen, KSTP 8/6/12 8:38 p.m.
- Owatonna, Waseca GOP voters could be active on primary day, Owatonna’s People’s Press 8/7/12
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz, local farmers, ag industry urge farm bill passage, Mankato Free Press 8/6/12
- Walz, GOP rivals to meet before Farmfest audience, AP 8/7/12
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Franken: Insurance Rebates Help 123K in Minn., KSTP 8/6/12 4:35 p.m.
- Minnesota DNR now taking wolf-hunting applications, Star Tribune 8/6/12 1:52 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- MN candidate says don’t vote for me _ I’m a felon, Winona Daily News 8/6/12 7:30 p.m.
- State health insurance rebates to total $8.9 million, Pioneer Press 8/6/12 9:35 p.m.
- MN government’s budget fallback goes away, AP 8/6/12
- Minnesota lawmakers eye Aug. 24 for flood relief session, Duluth News Tribune 8/7/12 12:00 a.m.
- Fine print within photo ID proposal could loom large, Star Tribune 8/6/12 8:25 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- John Marty:A job-creation strategy that works, MinnPost 8/7/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Bipartisan willingness lifts two in GOP races, Star Tribune 8/6/12 7:22 p.m
- Central Corridor: Coleman to tour business district hit by light rail construction, Pioneer Press 8/6/12 12:01 p.m.
- Members of Congress — Minnesotans and all — stick to the party line, MinnPost 8/6/12 9:15 a.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM
- Yellowstone Park’s first leader, from St. Paul to the Wild West, MPR 8/6/12
- Minnesota Capitol repairs will fix falling marble and leaky dome windows, MinnPost 8/6/12 11:59 a.m.