Morning Report 8/31/2012
Published: August 31,2012
Time posted: 10:28 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- U.S. Senate candidates scrap before feisty State Fair crowd, Hot Dish Politics
- Bills, Klobuchar leave nothing behind in fair debate, Capitol Chatter
- Is your pay going up 9% this year?, Shot in the Dark
- Union contracts, Rep. Bruce Vogel
- In Albert Lea, Tim Walz, farmers and business leaders speak up for passage of 2012 Farm Bill, Bluestem Prairie
- It Might Get Loud: Ernie Leidiger attends a voter ID forum at a senior housing facility, Brick City Blog
- Legislative panel rejects new contracts covering 27,700 state workers, Hot Dish Politics
- Parrysaurus lashes out at public employees one last time before it goes extinct, MN Progressive Project
- Social issues make for tricky politics in MN-8, Minnesota Brown
- Chip Cravaack vs. the EPA, Let Freedom Ring
- 67 Days To Save America & Minnesota, Residual Forces
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- DEED: Minnesota job openings return to prerecession levels, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 12:09 p.m.
- Minnesota loggers lose markets as mills close down, MPR
- St. Jude cuts 300 jobs in restructuring, AP
- Minnesota job openings climbed 15 percent in spring, Pioneer Press 8/30/12 10:48 p.m.
- Klobuchar, Bills spar in vigorous State Fair debate, MinnPost 8/30/12 5:00 p.m.
- Klobuchar, Bills take jabs at each other in feisty Senate debate, AP
- Senate candidates Klobuchar, Bills tangle in State Fair debate, MPR
- Photos: Bachmann and Pawlenty at the RNC, MPR
- Fairgoers vent their political views, MinnPost 8/30/12 9:58 a.m.
- Get ready for big spending in Davids, Tschumper race, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/31/12 7:26 a.m.
- MN delegation ends Republican convention divided, MPR
- Court: Minneapolis School District can’t exclude religious group, Star Tribune 8/30/12 10:56 p.m.
- Minnesota’s new school rating system won’t point fingers, Pioneer Press 8/30/12 11:04 a.m.
- Minnesota imposes new labels on schools, Star Tribune 8/30/12 8:59 a.m.
- Ikea turns on state’s largest PV array, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 8:44 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Pine Island cuts budget amid Elk Run delays, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 9:52 a.m.
- HealthPartners, Park Nicollet to merge, MPR
- Twin Cities medical care giants HealthPartners, Park Nicollet merging, Pioneer Press 8/30/12 7:49 p.m.
- Brodkorb, state agree to narrow case over Senate firing, AP
- GOP legislators derail new state union deals, Star Tribune 8/30/12 9:32 p.m.
- Parry panel rejects state employee contracts in contentious meeting, Mankato Free Press
- Rift opens over photo ID amendment, Chaska Herald 8/30/12 7:55 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Ramsey County Commissioners to get crash course in fighting sex trafficking, MinnPost 8/30/12 11:10 a.m.
- Urban warfare training draws eyes to sky over Twin Cities, Star Tribune 8/30/12 10:30 p.m.
- Veteran drug abuse adviser for state to retire, Pioneer Press 8/30/12 11:57 p.m.
- E-mails: St. Paul crime lab worries didn’t register with police, Star Tribune 8/30/12 11:01 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Daytons deepen investments in North Loop, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 8:16 a.m.
- Complaint dismissed against commissioner, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 5:16 p.m.
- St. Paul reduces free downtown parking spots for carpoolers, Pioneer Press 8/30/12 4:14 p.m.
- Park-Portland plan draws mixed reviews at meeting, Star Tribune 8/30/12 11:04 p.m.
- Bids are in on Vikings stadium project, Star Tribune 8/31/12 6:35 a.m.
- Seeing streetcars on the ‘urban spine’, Finance and Commerce 8/30/12 4:56 p.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM