NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Special Section: Leaders in Public Policy 2012, 8/2/12 12:40 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- First district papers publish few letters from Allen Quist supporters, fewer from Mike Parry’s friends, Bluestem Prairie
- Lee Byberg pre-primary FEC report: $25,677.84 raised; $91,920.60 COH; $120,369.70 debt, Bluestem Prairie
- Tuesday meeting to start writing disaster-relief bill, Capitol Chatter
- Chris Fields: I didn’t call Keith Ellison a reverse racist in “reverse racism” ad, Blotter
- Remembering Hubert H. Humphrey, Forever, Hindsight 2020
- Bachmann responds to fury over Islamic charges, Hot Dish Politics
- Graves still trails Bachmann in fundraising race, Hot Dish Politics
- When Mark Ritchie appears in town , Let Freedom Ring
- MN-08: Group supporting Clark attacks Nolan, Nolan supporters respond, MN progressive project
- Legislature schedules flood relief hearing, Capitol View
- Paulsen gets a temporary promotion, Capitol View
- Gore Vidal: A Rare Treasure., SAME ROWDY CROWD
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Verso Paper closes Minn. mill damaged by fire, MPR 8/2/12
- 3M sues former law firm for switching sides, AP 8/2/12
- Feds award $6.6 million in highway grants, Finance and Commerce 8/2/12 6:39 p.m.
- Kraus-Anderson building $14.7 million hospital, Finance and Commerce 8/2/12 5:55 p.m.
- Target key revenue figure rises 3.1 pct in July, AP 8/2/12
- Xcel profits rise even as revenue falls in Q2, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
- Gay rights activists plan Chick-fil-A ‘Kiss In‘, AP 8/2/12
- In Minn.’s 6th, Big Spending by Bachmann, Graves, 5 Eyewitness 8/2/12 5:19 p.m.
- Clark supporters raise abortion issue against 8th District opponent, MPR 8/2/12
- Quist has $118K for 1st District GOP primary, AP 8/2/12
- Bachmann fundraiser for Quist not as lucrative as first reported, Mankato Free Press 8/2/12
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz bucks party, votes to extend Bush-era tax cut, Rochester Post Bulletin 8/2/12
- Dayton offers Sartell support, St. Cloud Times 8/1/12 9:29 p.m.
- Families Make Big Changes To Pay For College, NPR 8/2/12
- Persistent drought complicates the politics of ethanol, MPR 8/2/12
- LSP to hold workshop on frac sand and zoning, Winona Daily News 8/2/12
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Alma council asks for study on replacing City Hall, Winona Daily News 8/2/12
- Mayo settles false-billing suit for $1.26 million, Star Tribune 8/2/12 9:22 p.m.
- Gov’t report: Tax cheats getting paid by Medicaid, AP 8/2/12
- New State Employee Labor Contracts Face Possible Rejection, KARE 11 8/2/12 6:25 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Minnesota firms should hire veterans, Star Tribune 8/2/12 9:15 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Ruben Rosario: Just ask me about Mark Ritchie, poor crime labs and good cops, Pioneer Press 8/3/12 12:06 a.m.
- Editorial: Health exchange questions linger, Star Tribune 8/2/12 10:02 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis city leaders work to stop child trafficking, KARE 11 8/2/12 7:28 p.m.
- Report: Minnesota included in big Americans for Prosperity ad buy, MinnPost 8/2/12