NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Legislature passes disaster relief bill 8/24/12 5:35 p.m.
- Stacey Stout: A GOP star candidate tries to buck the odds 8/25/12 11:32 a.m.
- After Gauthier, DFL picks up the pieces 8/25/12 11:43 a.m.
- Disaster relief bill seeks $79M for road repairs 8/25/12 11:20 a.m.
- David Strom: A pretty good deal 8/24/12 11:16 a.m.
- Steven Schier: The bad news from Minnesota’s August primary 8/24/12 4:42 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Legislature passes flood relief and adjourns, Hot Dish Politics
- PoliGraph: GOP lawmakers’ numbers right on state employee benefits, Capitol View
- House opts not to bring up motion to expel Gauthier, Capitol View
- Can Greater Minnesota afford the unfunded mandate that is the photo ID amendment?, Bluestem Prairie
- Duluth leaders thank legislators for flood relief, Hot Dish Politics
- MN RNC delegation chair addresses Ron Paul rally, Capitol View
- Paulers lose rules vote, whine about tyranny, Minnesota Conservatives
- The Minnesota GOP has an internal rift, mnpACT!
- Defeated representative leaves with sharp words for his party, Hot Dish Politics
- Bills keep rolling in from Brodkorb lawsuit, Hot Dish Politics
- Debunking the latest Ron Paul lie, Residual Forces
- Bob, and Tom, and the Senate Staffer, Left MN
- Negotiating From Weakness, Shot in the Dark
- Making sense of different PVIs, LeftMN
- Voter ID: A costly, unnecessary abuse of the Constitution, Schultz’s Take
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Minnesotans are in the mix as GOP fights over its brand, Star Tribune 8/27/12 6:46 a.m.
- Activists in Mpls. rally against voter ID amendment, MPR
- Some skip conventions to stick to campaigns, Star Tribune 8/25/12 11:07 p.m.
- To take on formidable Klobuchar, GOP tries to raise doubts about record in Congress, AP
- Minnesota’s Republicans vote with Akin on abortion, but will it be a campaign issue?, MinnPost
- Candidates raising thousands for campaigning, Faribault County Register
CRIME / POLICE
- In wake of Gauthier investigation, Duluth Police Department’s data handling under scrutiny, Duluth News Tribune 8/24/12 8:33 a.m.
- Gov. Dayton signs flood relief bill, MPR
- Dayton signs $160M flood aid package after Legislature’s approval, Pioneer Press 8/24/12 11:00 p.m.
- Dayton, state officials meet with laid-off Duluth Georgia-Pacific workers, MPR
- Bernadeia Johnson’s pivotal year, Star Tribune 8/26/12 7:51 a.m.
- Student borrowing is up, state report shows, Star Tribune 8/24/12 4:48 p.m.
- Few schools will ask for voter help this year, Star Tribune 8/26/12 11:46 p.m.
- St. Cloud teachers begin voting on contract, MPR
- Pricetag for voter ID in Rice County could surpass $120,000, Faribault Daily News 8/26/12 12:54 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Hennepin says Fannie, Freddie owe taxes, Finance and Commerce 8/24/12 6:04 p.m.
- City Council to vote on renovations, Mankato Free Press
- City may wipe out police, fire panel, Mankato Free Press
- NUMC plans massive overhaul of birth center, New Ulm Journal
- House takes no action against Gauthier, AP
- Dayton, lawmakers quickly enact $167.5 million in flood aid, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/24/12 7:37 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Keith Downey: To Secretary Ritchie: Stop your photo ID fabrications, Pioneer Press 8/25/12 3:57 p.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: In turmoil, a modern Duluth is emerging, Star Tribune 8/25/12 7:04 p.m.
- Gordon Ramsay: Police handling of Gauthier case was strictly by the book, Duluth News Tribune 8/27/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Sex offender program on notice, Star Tribune 8/24/12 6:38 p.m.
- Editorial: What a relief, Red Wing Republican Eagle 8/25/12 11:15 a.m.
- Editorial: Council failed to stand up for equality, Winona Daily News
- Editorial: Protecting teens from the sex trade, Star Tribune 8/26/12 9:20 p.m.
- Subsidy debate should include fossil fuels, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/27/12 7:26 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Low copter flights part of U.S. training, MPR
- Rise in burglaries in metro spurs police to warn residents, Star Tribune 8/25/12 7:46 p.m.
- Lawyers clash over Minneapolis death video, Star Tribune 8/26/12 10:04 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Some Mpls. City Council members don’t want ‘decorative’ streetlights, KSTP 8/27/12 7:50 a.m.
- Minneapolis, St. Paul pledge to simplify building permits, MPR
- MnDOT holding series of planning seminars, Finance and Commerce 8/24/12 5:23 p.m.
- Pilot Knob Road traffic study seek to solve growing issues, Pioneer Press 8/26/12 5:27 p.m.