Morning Report 8/14/2012
Published: August 14,2012
Time posted: 9:48 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Fired Senate staffer Michael Brodkorb starts new political blog 8/13/12 12:36 p.m.
- Paper trail: Dayton administration’s flood relief bill 8/13/12 4:08 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Nolan campaign tries to fight back on abortion issue, Capitol View
- Why is Klobuchar hiding from Kurt Bills?, Let Freedom Ring
- Mike Brodkorb’s change of scenery, LeftMN
- Zellers says state employee raises are ‘overstepping the bounds’, Capitol View
- Zellers =’Contract overstepped the bounds’ -That’s a laugh, mnpACT!
- Bring on the GOP women, True North
- Mike Parry demands end of forced four-year college educations for So. Minnesota’s youth, Bluestem Prairie
- On picking a former Republican as a DFL candidate, MN Progressive Project
- Ramsey County Commissioner Race to Watch, MN Progressive Project
- Rant, slant, Shot in the Dark
- The unsurprising return of Michael Brodkorb, Minnesota Conservatives
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- St. Cloud woos regional airlines with subsidies, Star Tribune 8/13/12 9:00 p.m.
- Little Falls ethanol plant idled amid corn price spike, AP
- Vikings speak up for pro-stadium legislators, Star Tribune 8/14/12 12:47 a.m.
- West metro legislative primaries a race to the right, MPR
- A last push for votes before Minnesota’s primary, AP
- Primary election today, Quist v. Parry in 1st District GOP race, New Ulm Journal
- Work on Minnehaha Creek will take it from ‘ditch’ to linear park, Finance and Commerce 8/13/12 4:42 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Mankato council votes to oppose gay marriage amendment, Mankato Free Press
- Mankato weighs in on marriage amendment, MPR
- Mayo Clinic paying $64 million to buy Red Wing clinic, Pioneer Press 8/13/12 5:03 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Energy decisions will resonate in Minnesota, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/13/12 9:56 a.m.
- TKDA engineer appointed to state board, Finance and Commerce 8/13/12 3:27 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul Mayor Coleman’s budget would add cops, raise tax levy 1.9%, MinnPost 8/13/12 3:20 p.m.
- St. Paul Mayor Coleman again proposes increase to city levy, Star Tribune 8/13/12 11:13 a.m.
- Coleman’s 2013 budget would fill police positions, build Frogtown park, MPR
- Mayor Rybak uses social media to refute KSTP report, KSTP 8/13/12 8:01 p.m.
- Broadband battle hits rural areas, Star Tribune 8/13/12 9:50 p.m.
- Big costs, little revenue: Panel looks at ways of paying for transportation, transit, Finance and Commerce 8/13/12 4:53 p.m.