Morning Report 8/10/2012
Published: August 10,2012
Time posted: 9:45 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Parry hearing on public union contracts generates partisan fireworks 8/9/12 2:31 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Embattled congressional candidate Mike Parry ducks the press, Hot Dish Politics
- Parry grandstands, blows stack, wastes everybody’s time, LeftMN
- Parry campaign goes after Quist in mailer, Political Notebook
- Poor Kurt Bills needs to learn modern GOP fundraising tactics, Wry Wing Politics
- Farmers in the 2nd District are represented by an empty chair, mnpACT!
- Clark attacks Nolan in new ad, Capitol View
- Pawlenty: Obama has nothing to show, except Bin Laden, Hot Dish Politics
- New super PAC launches ads against Cravaack, Capitol View
- The DFL’s pet Republican, part II, Shot in the Dark
- DFL primary gets nasty, Let Freedom Ring
- What to watch: MN House 6B DFL/GOP primaries, Minnesota Brown
- Emo Senator: battered by contentious hearing, Mike Parry pours out heart to OPP reporter, Bluestem Prairie
- Tarryl Clark hoping her political chops pay off, MinnPost 8/9/12 9:05 a.m.
- State Republicans criticize GOP Rep. Steve Smith voting record, union campaign funds, MinnPost 8/9/12 10:53 a.m.
- Does Pawlenty have what it takes to be vice president?, Pioneer Press 8/9/12 11:11 p.m.
- Woodbury man looks to upset Bills in Senate primary, Woodbury Bulletin 8/9/12 12:15 p.m.
- Ahlgren, Sundin vie for DFL nod for Carlton County House seat, Duluth News Tribune 8/10/12 12:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- State examining finances of charter founder’s schools, Star Tribune 8/9/12 11:19 p.m.
- Primary vote expected to be spotty, Alexandria Echo Press 8/10/12 12:00 a.m.
- PUC delays decision on coal-fired plants, Finance and Commerce 8/9/12 12:05 p.m.
- PUC puts off decision to scrap aging coal power plants, Star Tribune 8/9/12 9:03 p.m.
- A bold plan to protect lakes, Star Tribune 8/9/12 9:55 p.m.
- Plan to control invasive species presented to Minnehaha Creek Watershed District, KSTP 8/10/12 7:54 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Three face off in Nicollet County primary, Mankato Free Press
- A big uproar in tiny Landfall, Star Tribune 8:13 p.m.
- Government employee wants to make City Hall more accessible, agrees with frac sand moratorium, Winona Daily News
- Retiring Supreme Court Justice Meyer to join William Mitchell law school, MinnPost 8/9/12 11:01 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Primary picks for Minneapolis schools, Star Tribune 8/9/12 7:54 p.m.
- Choose leadership, Austin Daily Herald 8/8/12 11:17 a.m.
- Pawlenty on 7 corporate boards, raising new VP questions, Star Tribune 8/9/12 9:11 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Police cameras quietly capture license plates, collect data, Star Tribune 8/9/12 11:20 p.m.
- St. Paul man whose shot grazed legislator’s teen sentenced, Star Tribune 8/9/12 9:21 p.m.
- St. Paul crime lab: 3 county attorneys want to meet with police chief, Pioneer Press 8/9/12 9:30 p.m.
- Judge wants to see synthetic drug test results from Duluth head shop raid, Duluth News Tribune 8/9/12 8:31 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Zoning studied to guide development at Ford site, Finance and Commerce 8/9/12 4:08 p.m.
- Ford Center enters a new, green chapter, Star Tribune 8/9/12 6:17 p.m.
- Mpls. expands ‘permit only’ parking in Uptown, KARE 11 8/10/12 5:03 a.m.