Morning Report 7/6/2012
Published: July 6,2012
Time posted: 9:31 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Train in vain, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Gimse likes dropping of federal earmarks, Capitol Chatter
- Emmer: Minnesota can and should refuse to create a health care exchange, True North
- Pawlenty stepmother dies at 87, Capitol Chatter
- Independent group set up for MN Rep. Steve Smith, Hot Dish Politics
- Austin-tatiously disingenuous, Shot in the Dark
- NEA gives Gov. Dayton meaningless award, Let Freedom Ring
- The scope of his expertise is, ahem, quite limited, LeftMN
- Tea Party ATM machine Michele Bachmann to fundraise for Allen Quist in Rochester, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Farmers’ safety net is now a money bag, Star Tribune 7/5/12 6:44 p.m.
- Study shows Rochester has highest job growth in Minnesota; 66th in nation, MinnPost 7/5/12 11:58 a.m.
- Minnesota campaigners say the economy — not health care — will be the big election issue, MinnPost 7/5/12 9:44 p.m.
- Secretary of State Mark Ritchie announces absentee balloting period, Alexandria Echo Press 7/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- ThreeSixty: A lot hangs on voter ID question, Star Tribune 7/5/12 10:00 a.m.
- DNR officials: Bears have been roaming Rochester area, AP
- Broken pipe spews sewage into river, MPR
- Double trouble for those spreading milfoil, zebras, Alexandria Echo Press 7/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Ag department to do aerial treatments against gypsy moths, Alexandria Echo Press 7/5/12 11:49 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Barbara Derus resigns from Three Rivers Park Board, Star Tribune 7/5/12 5:26 p.m.
- Election Trivia for a Summer Day, Legislative Reference Library
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar: Farm Bill provides much-needed continuity, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/5/12 7:08 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Drug courts are proving their value, Star Tribune 7/5/12 6:24 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Drowning numbers in Minnesota almost at decade high, Star Tribune 7/5/12 5:32 p.m.
- Blaine hacker’s 18-year sentence upheld, Star Tribune 7/5/12 7:35 p.m.
- Minnesota: ‘Deadliest’ traffic day yields no deaths this 4th of July, Pioneer Press 7/5/12 7:18 p.m.
- Downed trees slow work to restore power, Duluth News Tribune 7/6/12 12:00 a.m.
- Firefighters show follow-through in Minnetonka, Star Tribune 7/5/12 9:24 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Arts luminaries critique Minnesota governors’ portraits, MinnPost 7/5/12 9:40 a.m.
- Southwest LRT planners look to engage developers, Finance and Commerce 7/5/12 3:53 p.m.
- Northstar cuts fares by as much as 25% to lure more riders, Star Tribune 7/5/12 11:37 p.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM