NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Capitol preps for special session 7/3/12 1:26 p.m.
- Departing legislators jump into county races 7/3/12 1:34 p.m.
- New carp studies fuel debate over closing Mississippi locks in Minneapolis 7/3/12 1:14 p.m.
- Common Cause files lobbying complaint against Minnesota Majority 7/3/12 2:07 p.m.
- Nonpartisan by necessity: Kershaw brings a steady hand to Citizens League 7/3/12 2:42 p.m.
- Ag department looks to help flooded growers 7/3/12 12:33 p.m.
- Automatic tax withholding repealed for independent construction workers 7/3/12 12:32 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Laws for the Fourth of July 7/3/12 1:30 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton wins NEA award, Capitol View
- Oh no, Mr. Bills, what will you do with health care?, mnpACT!
- Cravaack recycles idiot falsehoods about the ACA, MN Progressive Project
- Emo Senator: Allen Quist claims Mike Parry unable to do town halls because he has little knowledge on public policy, Bluestem Prairie
- King Banaian vs. Paul Thissen, Let Freedom Ring
- Full-tilt Andy Rooney: former MNGOP chair Sutton doesn’t like your time off at the lake, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mayo goes shopping for patients, Star Tribune 7/3/12 11:35 p.m.
- Suit alleges Hopkins biomass firm diverted funds, Star Tribune 7/3/12 8:29 p.m.
- House lots shrinking to meet demand, Star Tribune 7/4/12 9:28 p.m.
- Minnesota colleges’ link to debit card challenged, Star Tribune 7/4/12 11:19 p.m.
- Common Cause files complaint against Minnesota Majority, Star Tribune 7/4/12 12:28 a.m.
- Opponents file court brief on Photo ID amendment, MinnPost
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Victoria panel advances permit for Archie’s Landing, Star Tribune 7/3/12 11:43 p.m.
- Olmsted County officials dig into silica sand issue, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/3/12 8:52 a.m.
- More money for curbside service?, Winona Daily News
- Agreement signed for multi-county health purchasing alliance, West Central Tribune 7/5/12 12:00 a.m.
- UnitedHealth rival weighing what to do, Star Tribune 7/3/12 9:29 p.m.
- Star Tribune investor seeks controlling interest, Star Tribune 7/3/12 8:53 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Voter ID: The integrity of the vote is always worth talking about, Pioneer Press 7/5/12 12:01 a.m.
- Anoka County war hero John Kriesel finds two heroes of his own, Star Tribune 7/4/12 9:43 a.m.
- ‘Teammates’ Walter Mondale and Arne Carlson find common ground on causes, MinnPost 7/5/12 12:03 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Amish residents question mining activity in SE Minn., MPR
- Minnesota day-care deaths draw calls for change, Star Tribune 7/3/12 9:36 p.m.
- 6 families ordered out of condemned St. Paul housing complex, MPR
- Interfaith event to support Muslims in St. Anthony, Star Tribune 7/4/12 9:29 p.m.
- Minnesota sees increase in number of seasonal drownings, Pioneer Press 7/4/12 9:17 p.m.
- Minnesota inmates can now receive email, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Strains noted in Minneapolis Fire Department, Star Tribune 7/4/12 8:11 a.m.
- Students grow veggies for Target Field’s salads, communities, WCCO
- 3 river locks reopen to recreational traffic in Mpls., MPR
- Will new federal funding fail Minnesota’s bridges?, Star Tribune 7/4/12 9:05 p.m.