NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- House DFLers mark shutdown anniversary by blaming Republicans 7/2/12 4:08 p.m.
- New research org studded with MN policy veterans 7/2/12 1:42 p.m.
- Operating engineers endorse bipartisan slate of candidates 7/2/12 1:20 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Shutdown blame redux, Hot Dish Politics
- House DFL blames GOP for shutdown, again, Capitol View
- Jim Graves: My impressions, MN Publius
- Ellison and the church of climate scientology, True North
- Minnesota to be part of massive union, PAC ad buy, Capitol View
- Veterans against Cravaack kicks off its righteous efforts, MN Progressive Project
- Bachmann and conservatives ask governors to reject exchanges, Capitol View
- Long past easy answers, Shot in the Dark
- An open letter to Keith Ellison, Let Freedom Ring
- Hating on infrastructure spending, Allen Quist tells Fairmont Sentinel that Walz is unelectable, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- U of M area housing project fetches $31 million, Finance and Commerce 7/2/12 4:31 p.m.
- Minnesotans shelling out big bucks for Wisconsin fireworks, WCCO 7/2/12 6:53 p.m.
- Wind energy businesses urge tax credit extension, MPR
- Speculation on Schulze takeover bid boosts Best Buy, Star Tribune 7/2/12 9:14 p.m.
- Super PAC, union target Cravaack, Kline, AP
- Surrogates Tim Pawlenty and R.T. Rybak enthusiastically tout opposite choices for president, MinnPost 7/2/12 9:08 a.m.
- School district receives safe routes grant, Alexandria Echo Press 7/3/12 12:00 a.m.
- Foes of Minn. voter ID push decry question wording, AP
- Photo ID supporters question Ritchie’s opposition to amendment, MPR
- Change in Mississippi River fish advisory could mean 3M cleanup is working, Pioneer Press 7/2/12 6:41 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Despite concerns, ordinance heads to County Board, Faribault County Register
- Duluth City Council to vote on citizen review board for police, Duluth News Tribune 7/2/12 1:42 p.m.
- $2.2 M BE airport runway project nears completion, Faribault County Register
- Minnesota abortions drop to lowest level in 37 years, Star Tribune 7/2/2012 11:39 a.m.
- $22M project will expand Mercy Hospital, Star Tribune 7/2/12 9:46 p.m.
- State Appeals Court reverses ruling in timber lawsuit, AP
- Court sides with state, not timber companies, caps payments at $100K, Pioneer Press 7/2/12 6:46 p.m.
- At first, a slew of removal requests for Anoka County judge, Star Tribune 7/2/12 10:12 p.m.
- Lots of suitors for Minnesota’s bonus bonding: 35 projects want some of $47.5 million, MinnPost 7/2/12 2:31 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: Shh — city services aren’t what they used to be, Star Tribune 7/2/12 3:58 p.m.
- Eric Kaler: A good time to renew your view of the U, Star Tribune 7/2/12 8:12 p.m.
- Services held for Rochester City Council President Dennis Hanson, MinnPost 7/2/12 11:46 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Twin Cities again lead nation in black, white unemployment gap, MPR
- Twin Cities still worst in U.S. for black jobseekers, Star Tribune 7/2/12 10:55 p.m.
- Accretive asks judge to dismiss lawsuit, MPR
- MN gives flood victims a break on tax deadlines, AP
- Right-to-die activists face Minn. charges, AP
- Habitat celebrates 15 years, seeks more families wanting homes, Alexandria Echo Press 7/3/12 12:00 a.m.
- Met Council seeks money for LRT contract, Finance and Commerce 7/2/12 5:02 p.m.
- Winona mayor: Fixing old Mississippi bridge not good enough, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/2/12 6:09 a.m.
- Met Council seeks $14 million in LRT funds, Star Tribune 7/3/12 6:13 a.m.