Morning Report 7/30/2012
Published: July 30,2012
Time posted: 11:29 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Special session: No shenanigans, please 7/27/12 2:39 p.m.
- Court set to hear amendment title arguments 7/27/12 2:39 p.m.
- Chamber right-to-work question stirs confusion 7/27/12 2:38 p.m.
- David Strom: Metropolitan Council: undemocratic social engineers 7/27/12 2:30 p.m.
- Brandon Anderson’s novel idea raises money, legal questions 7/27/12 10:44 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Low- and middle-income Minnesotans would pay for $30 billion business tax cut, MN Budget Bites
- Clinton endorses Clark in MN-8; candidates debate in Grand Rapid, Minnesota Brown
- Nolan camp sees shades of 2008 in Clinton endorsement, Hot Dish Politics
- Freedom Club weighs in on Senate District 33 primary, Capitol View
- PoliGraph: Clark claim leaves out some key details, Capitol View
- Emo Senator: Mike Parry’s twitterific amnesia strikes again following TPT Almanac debate, Bluestem Prairie
- McGrath vs. McGrath: the bloodbath, Let Freedom Ring
- He ain’t my brother; he’s just a heavy, LeftMN
- Bachmann’s facts vs. St. Cloud Times’ bias, Let Freedom Ring
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Some jobs are shifting back to Minnesota in ‘reshoring’, Star Tribune 7/29/12 8:12 p.m.
- Minnesota’s top CEOs saw their pay rise 26% in 2011, Star Tribune 7/30/12 6:37 a.m.
- Feds say no more money for Iron Range Excelsior power plan, Duluth News Tribune 7/30/12 12:00 a.m.
- Ely native hopes his deep ties to northeast Minnesota pay off, Star Tribune 7/29/12 8:25 p.m.
- Eighth District: 3 Democrats want chance to oust Cravaack, Pioneer Press 7/28/12 9:54 p.m.
- Bill Clinton endorses Clark for Congress, Star Tribune 7/27/12 8:52 p.m.
- Parry, Quist trade sharp exchanges at TPT debate, New Ulm Journal
- Marriage amendment activists mark 100 days till election, MPR
- As GOP running mate, Pawlenty would likely face issues, West Central Tribune 7/30/12 12:00 a.m.
- Petersburg, Johnson seek GOP primary win, Mankato Free Press
- The colorful history of Minnesota’s paper ballot, Star Tribune 7/28/12 5:39 p.m.
- DNR simplifies sales of turkey-hunt licenses, AP
- State agency may have compost plan jump more hurdles, Mankato Free Press
- For DNR invasive species inspectors, an uphill battle, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Ramsey County: Homeowners paying the piper for past-due property taxes, Pioneer Press 7/29/12 1:05 a.m.
- Oak Park Heights to put sweat equity in playground, Star Tribune 7/29/12 10:15 p.m.
- Chief Ramsey County judge follows in father’s steps, Star Tribune 7/29/12 9:48 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: Party endorsement needed? Debatable., Star Tribune 7/28/12 6:10 p.m.
- Richard W. Johnson: Local ordinance won’t stop oil companies, Red Wing Republican Eagle
- Hector Garcia: Minorities can make Minnesota a better place, Star Tribune 7/29/12 6:55 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Shield taxpayers from Brodkorb suit, Star Tribune 7/28/12 6:25 p.m.
- FEMA’s decision to stiff the Northland, Star Tribune 7/29/12 6:09 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Bridge safety still lacks urgency, Star Tribune 7/30/12 5:47 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- On a Mpls. street where a child died, residents rally, Star Tribune 7/29/12 8:05 p.m.
- St. Paul Fire Department garners $1 million in grants for life-saving equipment and training, MinnPost
- Minneapolis 311: Best run but most costly?,Star Tribune 7/28/12 8:59 p.m.
- Big plans emerge as rail expands in east metro, Finance and Commerce 7/30/12 7:30 a.m.