Morning Report 7/27/2012
Published: July 27,2012
Time posted: 10:11 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- GOP opponent claims Ellison is ‘militantly anti-America’, Capitol View
- Dayton wants to investigate FEMA aid difference, Capitol Chatter
- Catholic Bishops and others protest Bachmann allegations over Muslims in government, Hot Dish Politics
- Quist, drones & Chinese hackers: Town Hall statement not as crazy as stuff from last century, Bluestem Prairie
- What is Tarryl Clark fighting for?, Let Freedom Ring
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Angel tax credit program out of money, Finance and Commerce 7/26/12 7:04 p.m.
- Accelerating strength in Twin Cities home construction, MPR
- 3M sales deflate as profits rise, MPR
- Tax reform in Minnesota?, Alexandria Echo Press 7/27/12 12:00 a.m.
- Quist promotes his candidacy at Kato meeting, New Ulm Journal
- Quist holds town hall meeting in North Mankato, Mankato Free Press
- GOP race between Parry and Quist gets nasty, MPR
- Dems in Minneapolis to draft platform, MPR
- Audio: Allen Quist’s ‘genetic predisposition’ interview from 1994, MinnPost 7/26/12 8:20 a.m.
- Marriage amendment support soars, but how ‘likely’ is that?, MinnPost 7/27/12 8:15 a.m.
- Republicans have choice in District 55B primary, Jordan Independent 7/26/12 8:30 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
CRIME / POLICE
- Minneapolis officers’ suit goes to judge, Star Tribune 7/26/12 8:59 p.m.
- Ex-Gang Strike Force officer faces inquiry, Star Tribune 7/26/12 11:32 p.m.
- District 88 to seek levy referendum, New Ulm Journal
- Education commissioner Brenda Cassellius welcomes attendees to National Charter Conference, MinnPost
- Over the years, metro’s water use has dried up, Star Tribune 7/26/12 9:19 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Coon Rapids city manager resigns at request of city council, Pioneer Press 7/26/12 7:41 p.m.
- Minn.’s health care safety net expands for thousands of kids, Star Tribune 7/27/12 5:49 a.m.
- Minn. to extend children’s health coverage, AP
- Hennepin County health system loses CEO, Star Tribune 7/26/12 11:01 p.m.
- Minnesota doctors among those urging FDA to limit use of prescription painkillers, MinnPost 7/26/12 9:15 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Duluth police: $2.8 million seized from downtown head shop owner’s bank accounts, Duluth News Tribune 7/26/12 5:52 p.m.
- Sale of synthetic drugs soon to be a felony, AP
- Duluth raid nets 20,000 packets of suspected synthetic marijuana, AP
- St. Paul crime lab: Two public defenders exposed its flaws, Pioneer Press 7/26/12 11:22 p.m.
- Klobuchar, Franken and Cravaack support appeal of FEMA flood aid rejection, MinnPost 7/26/12 10:20 a.m.
- Winona diocese responds to Supreme Court ruling, KSTP 7/27/12 7:13 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Old rule is at odds with north-side plan, Finance and Commerce 7/27/12 7:30 a.m.
- Grand plans for St. Paul’s Union Depot, Finance and Commerce 7/26/12 4:30 p.m.
- St. Paul: Ground broken for East Side’s long awaited Payne-Maryland center, Pioneer Press 7/26/12 5:39 p.m.
- Minneapolis considers tighter rules for ‘automobile convenience facilities’, MinnPost
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM
- Bikini marchers parade entry lacks entrants for world record, Mankato Free Press