Morning Report 7/2/2012
Published: July 2,2012
Time posted: 10:19 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Ortman hears a who 6/29/12 3:05 p.m.
- Itchy in Bemidji 6/29/12 3:00 p.m.
- Election strategists sort out House swing races 6/29/12 2:57 p.m.
- Margaret Martin: Arizona immigration decision leaves states, immigrants in limbo 6/29/12 2:50 p.m.
- Dayton: There will be a special session for flood relief 6/29/12 2:15 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Like “raising tigers within city limits”: frac sand mining moratorium report meeting in Red Wing, Bluestem Prairie
- Minnesota’s changing politics?, Let Freedom Ring
- Marriage amendment backers seek documents after ballot title change, Hot Dish Politics
- Moorhead judge named to appeals court, Capitol Chatter
- Propagandist-in-training buys DFL propaganda, Let Freedom Ring
- Golden Hydrant Goes to $79 Million Interchange Project, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchodg
- Jim Graves: Not a populist, MN Publius
- Protecting a core constituency, Power Line
- Mark Ritchie fixes the Marriage Discrimination Amendment’s title, MN Publius
- Peterson Averts Ritual Suicide; DFLers Outraged, Shot in the Dark
- Why Cutting Government Now, Is Future Stupid, mnpACT!
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Europe’s pain is registering with Minnesota firms, Star Tribune 6/30/12 11:40 p.m.
- Wave of Lake Minnetonka boaters gives industry a boost, Star Tribune 7/1/12 1:32 a.m.
- In wake of the flood, assessors grapple with private property damage, MPR
- Chisholm native, Wild part-owner Falcone charged by SEC, Washington Times
- Marriage amendment allies rewrite playbook, Star Tribune 7/1/12 7:41 a.m.
- DFL leader: District 27A is crucial, Albert Lea Tribune 7/1/12 11:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Klobuchar, Franken laud passage of transportation bill that includes student loan rate extension, MinnPost
- Minnesota spends more than most states to educate each student, Pioneer Press 7/1/12 12:01 a.m.
- Penalties rise for invasive species violations, MPR
- Race is on to tame mercury poisoning, Star Tribune 7/1/12 8:45 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Cities and counties cut jobs by thousands, Star Tribune 6/30/12 10:21 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: Voter ID as written is just not our style, Star Tribune 6/30/12 5:13 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Election 2012: Putting words in their mouths, Star Tribune 6/30/12 5:40 p.m.
- State’s help needed in silica mining rules, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/2/12 7:34 a.m.
- Editorial: A recovering Duluth deserves state help, Star Tribune 6/30/12 5:34 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Maplewood: Newest Tubman shelter taking shape at last, Pioneer Press 6/30/12 2:51 p.m.
- St. Paul: Neighbors object to relocation of Roseville halfway house, Pioneer Press 6/30/12 5:20 p.m.
- Minn. prepares for wave of Alzheimer’s cases, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS