Morning Report 7/13/2012
Published: July 13,2012
Time posted: 9:57 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Bachmann raised $1.7 million in bid to keep seat, Hot Dish Politics
- Graves raises $400K in bid to unseat Bachmann, Hot Dish Politics
- Clark raised more than $1 million for campaign, has $259k on hand, Capitol View
- Operating Engineers union backs Cravaack for Congress, Capitol View
- No homers here, Fraters Libertas
- Report proposes solution to Minnesota’s foreclosure crisis, MN Progressive Project
- Fear of an Agenda 21 Planet: Michele Bachmann flogs UN phobia at Central MN Tea Party meeting, Bluestem Prairie
- Mark Ritchie strikes again, Power Line
- How slow can they go?, Let Freedom Ring
- Don’t break solidarity….not for Cravaack, mnpACT!
- Passenger rail off the tracks in federal transportation bill, True North
- Walz’s bill to help veterans find jobs headed to president, Political Notebook
- What if it’s Condi? What will Paulbots do?, Residual Forces
- One month out, MN-8 DFL contest remains a mystery, Minnesota Brown
- Parry, Quist battle for heart of anti-revenue boss Norquist; Walz vets bill passes, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mid-size projects line up for DEED bonding money, Finance and Commerce 7/13/12 7:20 a.m.
- Twin Cities home prices up 10.7% in June, Pioneer Press 7/12/12 11:05 p.m.
- At mid-year, many reasons to believe the housing market has turned a corner, Star Tribune 7/12/12 10:55 a.m.
- Supervalu shares tumble nearly 50 pct., MPR
- Quist, Parry engage in tax spat, Mankato Free Press
- Donations pour into Bachmann campaign, MPR
- GOP’s Cravaack picks up union’s backing in Northeastern Minnesota, AP
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Obama to sign Walz veterans legislation, Mankato Free Press
- House bill would cut environmental review time for mines, Duluth News Tribune 7/13/12 12:00 a.m.
- U of M President Kaler donates 3% raise to scholarship fund, MinnPost 7/12/12 9:22 a.m.
- Group asks MN high court to hear BWCA tower case, AP
- Minnesota Zoo, DNR team up to produce more ‘pure’ bison, Pioneer Press 7/12/12 9:43 p.m.
- Inver Grove Heights: 150 acres along Mississippi River to be protected under easement deal, Pioneer Press 7/12/12 4:36 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Scott County moving morgue to Hennepin County, Jordan Independent 7/11/12 2:41 p.m.
- New law enforcement center on schedule to open this fall, Mankato Free Press
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- David Rask Behling: For-profit colleges aren’t the enemy, Star Tribune 7/12/12 8:09 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: ‘Interchange’ is key to advancing transit, Star Tribune 7/12/12 8:09 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Swanson, Accretive trade charges, Star Tribune 7/13/12 7:33 a.m.
- MN AG tries to push forward Accretive case, MPR
- Accretive Health: Swanson adds more cases to lawsuit critical of collection practices at hospitals, Pioneer Press 7/12/12 9:06 p.m.
- Wells Fargo settles race bias charges, AP
- St. Charles highway for frac sand may imperil Amish way of life, Star Tribune 7/12/12 8:20 p.m.
- Proposed food stamp cuts could push Minnesotans off the program, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul: Veterans Memorial to be dedicated Tuesday, Pioneer Press 7/12/12 11:07 p.m.
- Minneapolis chief seeks 30 more firefighters, Star Tribune 7/12/12 10:53 p.m.
- Twin Cities give green light to traffic signal upgrades, Finance and Commerce