NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- DEED receives $288 million in bonding requests 7/10/12 4:35 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Itasca Project elevates higher ed as key to growth, Growth & Justice
- Parry-Quist primary gas tax cat fight enters face-chewing bath salts phase, Bluestem Prairie
- Dayton and Romney: A Tale of Two Millionaires, Wry Wing Politics
- McCollum gets boost as Army ditches NASCAR, Hot Dish Politics
- Emmer: Again…Why isn’t someone at least asking the question?, True North
- Truth in advertising: Mark Ritchie and the election law amendment, MN Publius
- Who abducted the ‘nonpartisan Mark Ritchie’?, Let Freedom Ring
- Best Buy terminates ALEC membership, Capitol View
- Steady news in Minnesota’s budget numbers, Hot Dish Politics
- It’s a stiff competition, but. . ., Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Dayton: MN is moving forward with health insurance exchange, Capitol View
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mankato competing with 89 projects for bonding money, Mankato Free Press
- New Great River Energy website advertises loans, Star Tribune 7/10/12 9:41 p.m.
- Minnesota gets $336M revenue windfall, Star Tribune 7/10/12 9:38 p.m.
- Parry targets Quist over gas tax vote, New Ulm Journal
- Former GOP Rep. Ron Erhardt tries to win back his old job as a Democrat, MinnPost 7/10/12 10:30 a.m.
- Dayton makes plans for state to implement health care law, Star Tribune 7/10/12 9:44 p.m.
- Dayton offers help to Sartell mill in flood special session, MPR
- U of M nears new stadium alcohol policy, MPR
- Surprises turn positive for Winona teacher and reservist Matt Reuter, MinnPost 7/10/12 9:11 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Planning Commision wants moisture tests for Winona frac sand, Winona Daily News
- Commissioners OK new assistant county attorney, New Ulm Journal
- Council OKs ballot for local sales tax, Marshall Independent
- Red Wing senator seeks state funding for silica mining study, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/10/12 9:18 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Applying to play ball in Lowertown, Pioneer Press 7/10/12 5:53 p.m.
- Public Policy Award winners include Vikings’ Bagley for successful stadium lobbying, MinnPost 7/10/12 12:46 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Minn. case probes public data in outsourced work, AP
- St. Paul accuses website of allowing child trafficking, KSTP 7/11/12 7:48 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis considers IDs for door-to-door solicitors, Star Tribune 7/11/12 7:29 p.m.
- Minneapolis getting ready to ban use of coal-tar-based sealers, MinnPost 7/10/12 1:53 p.m.