Morning Report 7/10/2012
Published: July 10,2012
Time posted: 9:49 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Ritchie also changes ballot title of photo ID amendment 7/9/12 1:17 p.m.
- House committee will scrutinize tax implications of federal health care bill 7/9/12 11:07 a.m.
- Obermueller raises $252k, Kline $428k in second quarter 7/9/12 10:59 a.m.
- Marriage amendment backers to sue Ritchie, Swanson for changing ballot title 7/9/12 10:00 a.m.
- Voices of Conservative Women announces state House and Senate endorsements 7/9/12 9:40 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Mike Parry campaign posts Youtube grabbed from DFL tracker at Quist Winona town hall, Bluestem Prairie
- Former U.S. Sen. Coleman’s group launches $1.2M campaign for health reform repeal, Hot Dish Politics
- MN part of Coleman group’s $10 million ‘orphan state’ effort, Capitol View
- Graves challenges Bachmann to debate, MN Progressive Project
- A house divided against itself, True North
- Backers sue over marriage amendment title, Capitol View
- Obermueller has solid fundraising quarter – game on!, mnpACT!
- Secretary of State also changes title of photo ID amendment, Hot Dish Politics
- Words matter when it comes to amendment proposals, Capitol Chatter
- Entenza: DFL “has a great story to tell”, Let Freedom Ring
- Humpty Dumpty in the Secretary of State’s Office, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Angel Tax Credit Program almost cashed out, Finance and Commerce 7/9/12 7:06 p.m.
- Projects left out of bonding bill try again, AP
- Grant deadline sets off flurry of applications, Star Tribune 7/9/12 9:06 p.m.
- Farms rise again on acres where houses were planned, Star Tribune 7/9/12 8:03 p.m.
- Beer, maybe wine, foreseen at TCF Bank Stadium, Star Tribune 7/9/12 9:44 p.m.
- Amendments’ altered wording fuels political ire, Star Tribune 7/9/12 9:53 p.m.
- Minnesota amendment proposals become legal battles over words, Duluth News Tribune 7/10/12 12:00 a.m.
- Kline keeps fundraising lead in Second District, Star Tribune 7/9/12 10:41 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Thousands of Minnesotans to receive health rebates under Franken provision, MinnPost 7/9/12 9:08 a.m.
- Simon is new Anoka-Hennepin School Board member, Pioneer Press 7/9/12 6:45 p.m.
- DNR mulls options for fish barrier project, Finance and Commerce 7/9/12 4:26 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Mankato council sets gay marriage public hearing for Aug. 13, Mankato Free Press
- West St. Paul: City council censures member for alleged misconduct, Pioneer Press 7/9/12 10:37 p.m.
- Amid debate and uncertainty over health care, Mayo expands, MPR
- Minnesota No. 1 in medical care, Star Tribune 7/10/12 6:20 a.m.
- Coleman group launches Affordable Care Act repeal effort, MinnPost 7/9/12 11:17 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Carla Nelson: Let’s keep taxes down to continue job growth, Star Tribune 7/10/12 6:45 a.m.
- Conrad DeFiebre: Lake Street: Not so great—yet, TC Daily Planet
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits exec picked for State Department fellowship, MinnPost 7/9/12 9:59 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Twin Cities mosquito population twice the typical year, KSTP 7/8/12 8:49 p.m.
- Bullying task force split on goals, MPR
- Minnesota hosting veterans career fair Wednesday, MPR
- Klobuchar’s designer drug ban signed, Winona Daily News
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- City of Minneapolis tackles riddle of reopening Nicollet, Finance and Commerce 7/9/12 7:30 a.m.
- St. Paul’s Lowertown ballpark plan has competition for state grants, Pioneer Press 7/9/12 6:29 p.m.
- Group hopes to lure grocery to Minneapolis food desert, MPR
- Westminster Court apartments emptied after being condemned by St. Paul, Pioneer Press 7/9/12 6:57 p.m.
- St. Paul to begin installing new parking meters next month, Pioneer Press 7/9/12 6:22 p.m.
- After latest incident on Central Corridor route, businesses remain skeptical, Finance and Commerce 7/9/12 5:06 p.m.