Morning Report 6/8/2012
Published: June 8,2012
Time posted: 10:16 am
- Bachmann calls for federal audit of Minnesota’s Medicaid program 6/7/12 10:27 a.m.
- Leaders in Public Policy award winners announced 6/7/12 1:31 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- How Forum Communications will try to sway the election for Cravaack, MN Progressive Project
- More proof Wisconsin’s not eating our economic lunch, News Cut
- Dayton admits defeat on child care unionization, Let Freedom Ring
- Paulsen’s wrong: Sometimes a tax can grow an industry, mnpACT!
- Fletcher becomes a County Commissioner candidate hunting terrorist threats, MN Progressive Project
- Bonoff and Gaither to woo swing voters, North Star Liberty
- Chasing IP nod, Glen Menze willing to renounce coveted Minnesota Whig Party endorsement, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Elk Run’s developer behind on taxes, Star Tribune 6/7/12 8:08 p.m.
- Proposed gaming deal could change horse racing in Minnesota, MPR
- Best Buy founder Schulze quits board early, Star Tribune 6/7/12 7:52 p.m.
- Jeff Anderson hopes roots count in race, AP
- Clergy group kicks off effort to defeat marriage measure, Star Tribune 6/7/12 8:12 p.m.
- Poll: Romney trails Obama in Minnesota; Norm Coleman is state’s most-favored Republican, Pioneer Press 6/7/12 10:22 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Bachmann calls for Minnesota Medicaid audit, Pioneer Press 6/7/12 6:36 p.m.
- MN legislators react to repeal of medical device tax, MPR
- GOP ignoring veto threat on medical tax repeal, AP
- Farm bill debate begins, possible vote next week, MPR
- Gov. Dayton leads Minnesota trade mission to China, AP 6/8/12 5:46 a.m.
- Duluth gets $850K to clean polluted sites, MPR
- DNR designates carp-infested rivers, lakes despite no verifiable sample, Pioneer Press 6/8/12 1:12 a.m.
- Spectro Alloys: Rosemount plant faces $1 million in environmental fines and penalties, Pioneer Press 6/7/12 11:13 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Ramsey County mulls state money bid for Arden Hills site, Finance and Commerce 6/7/12 4:24 p.m.
- Mayo acquiring Red Wing medical, Finance and Commerce 6/7/12 3:47 p.m.
- Mayo to acquire Red Wing medical center and clinics, Star Tribune 6/7/12 9:01 p.m.
- Morrow to run unopposed, Mankato Free Press
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Mary Treacy: Minnesota’s voter ID amendment: a Trojan horse with a surprise inside, MinnPost 6/8/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Legislative races: Get to know ‘em, Star Tribune 6/7/12 8:21 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Social workers, friends of family add testimony in Somali child protection case, Star Tribune 6/7/12 11:38 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Big worries in St. Paul’s Little Mekong, Star Tribune 6/7/12 1:42 p.m.
- A day in the life of Nice Ride bikes, MinnPost 6/7/12 9:02 a.m.
- New Hastings bridge is taking shape, Star Tribune 6/7/12 11:35 p.m.