- Flurry of retirements sets off scramble for House, Senate seats 6/6/12 2:48 p.m.
- Lessons learned from North Carolina 6/6/12 2:49 p.m.
- DFLers eye friendlier turf in Kline’s redrawn district 6/6/12 2:45 p.m.
- An exit interview with 26-year Iron Range lawmaker Tom Rukavina 6/6/12 2:30 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Chief authors in the House and Senate 6/6/12 2:32 p.m.
- Beverly Jones Heydinger appointed chair of Public Utilities Commission 6/6/12 2:49 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: The Libertarian turn 6/6/12 2:39 p.m.
- Minnesota’s Medicaid program faces additional federal scrutiny 6/6/12 4:27 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton family ramps up efforts to defeat marriage amendment, Capitol View
- Battlegrounds emerge in NE Minn. legislative races, Minnesota Brown
- PoliGraph: Partly right, but Bills’ budget claims could use some context, Capitol View
- Minnesota’s new PUC chair familiar with complex issues, Midwest Energy News
- Dayton picks new PUC chair, Capitol View
- Did Mark Ritchie cross a line?, Let Freedom Ring
- White House threatens veto on Paulsen med tax repeal, Hot Dish Politics
- Racial minorities overwhelmingly support the photo ID amendment that suppresses their vote, Wry Wing Politics
- ‘Emboldened’ MN GOP is going to lean on that 12% approval, mnpACT!
- Speech 101: Sunlight Foundation study reveals simple talk by Minnesotan’s DC delegation, Bluestem Prairie
- Smith didn’t get the hint; now it’s time to give him the boot, Let Freedom Ring
- Swirl, part deux, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Ethanol industry struggles with a changing market, Finance and Commerce 6/6/12 4:30 p.m.
- Report: MOA owners to jumpstart Jersey mall, Star Tribune 6/6/12 8:55 a.m.
- Should businesses take a stand on marriage amendment?, MPR
- Homesteaders are giving way to renters in Twin Cities, Star Tribune 6/6/12 11:17 p.m.
- Groups in 13 states — including MN — want U.S. to block Internet bets, AP 6/6/12 8:37 p.m.
- Murray enters 3-way race, Albert Lea Tribune 6/6/12 9:50 a.m.
- 3rd party gets contested Senate primary, AP 6/6/12 1:19 p.m.
- A Better Legislature campaign group’s geo-targeting finds voters right on their computer, MinnPost 6/6/12 10:54 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Fight to repeal U.S. medical-device tax heats up, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/7/12 7:47 a.m.
- State dismisses union lawsuit claiming university interference, MPR
- St. Paul’s Obama Elementary resets stage for achievement, Pioneer Press 6/6/12 10:56 p.m.
- State Supreme Court moves quickly to hear photo ID challenge, Star Tribune 6/6/12 1:24 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Winona City Council allows barge transport of silica sand, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/7/12 7:58 a.m.
- In new safety test, not all Minnesota hospitals earn A, Star Tribune 6/6/12 7:34 p.m.
- Wis. recall outcome emboldens Minn. Republicans on union issues, MPR
- Washington County commissioner says retirement of state Sen. Vandeveer was ‘set up’, Pioneer Press 6/6/12 11:18 p.m.
- Sen. Amy Koch issues statement on MinnPost story about Sen. John Howe, MinnPost 6/6/12 9:23 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Erik Paulsen: Device tax, if not stopped, will stifle, Star Tribune 6/6/12 9:21 p.m.
- Bruce Montplaisir: Consider what the Legislature accomplished, Red Wing Republican Eagle 6/5/12 11:56 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Minnesota legislative session good for business, Duluth News Tribune 7/7/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- AFLAC agrees to $700,000 penalty in Minnesota, Finance and Commerce 6/6/12 7:53 p.m.
- Somali workers walk off job in dress code dispute, Faribault Daily News
- Minn. inmate time served up 38 percent since 1990, MPR
- Mpls. Police kick off downtown summer crime-fighting effort, MPR
- Revolutionary civil rights idea is reignited at Mac reunion, Star Tribune
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Brownfield blossoms into new building, boxed gardens, Finance and Commerce 6/6/12 5:14 p.m.
- Feds give $1.6M for St. Paul redevelopment, MPR
- EPA grants St. Paul a hefty sum, Star Tribune 6/6/12 9:41 p.m.
- Rice Street project delayed until 2014, Finance and Commerce 6/6/12 4:43 p.m.