Morning Report 6/6/2012
Published: June 6,2012
Time posted: 9:46 am
- Poll: Opinion shifting against marriage amendment 6/5/12 11:57 a.m.
- Ray Vandeveer opts not to seek re-election 6/5/12 4:24 p.m.
- Hann, Fischbach to run GOP Senate election efforts 6/5/12 3:11 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Five Months Out Race Called For Klobuchar, Minnesota Conservatives
- Paulbots 4 Primaries – putting Kline at risk, Residual Forces
- Poll: More Minnesotans oppose marriage amendment, Capitol View
- Last day filings include Smith in House, Capitol View
- Former lawmaker, administrative law judge finalists for PUC spot, Hot Dish Politics
- Ranked choice voting now a part of the permanent DFL platform, MN Progressive Project
- Sparks fly as Clark criticizes her DFL opponents, Let Freedom Ring
- An investment – Like the Brooklyn Bridge, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Ethanol makers feel the squeeze, Star Tribune 6/5/12 11:30 p.m.
- Minnesota Racing Commission to take up Canterbury-casino deal, Star Tribune 6/6/12 6:41 a.m.
- UnitedHealth board OKs quarterly dividend raise, AP
- Minnesota’s economic growth just so-so, Star Tribune 6/5/12 11:58 p.m.
- Poll shows Minnesotans shifting opinion against amendment to ban gay marriage, Pioneer Press 6/5/12 12:32 p.m.
- Without GOP endorsement, Rep. Doepke will run in state Senate primary, MinnPost 6/5/12 10:26 a.m.
- Q&A: CD 5 candidate Chris Fields, MPR
- Marriage amendment motivates voters on both sides, MPR
- Minnesota: With a quarter of Legislature’s seats up for grabs, candidates file, Pioneer Press 6/6/12 12:20 a.m.
- Ramsey County board races draw familiar foes, Pioneer Press 6/6/12 12:08 a.m.
- Boyce to challenge Morrow in 19A, New Ulm Journal
- Dayton won’t fight court loss in child care union case, AP 6/5/12 3:32 p.m.
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan schools to purchase $5M building, Pioneer Press 6/5/12 12:01 a.m.
- St. Paul school celebrates success after near-closure, WCCO 6/5/12 5:52 p.m.
- Lawsuit accuses MPCA of allowing continued pollution of lakes, Star Tribune 6/5/12 12:19 p.m.
- MPCA pesticide decision could save lakeshore owners’ cash, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Former sheriff Fletcher files to run for Ramsey County Board, Pioneer Press 6/5/12 3:29 p.m.
- All Olmsted County and Rochester seats contested, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/5/12 10:49 p.m.
- Six-way race for Winona mayor, Winona Daily News
- Minnesota hospitals rated for patient safety; not all make the grade, Star Tribune 6/6/12 8:01 a.m.
- More than a dozen former legislators attempt comebacks this year, MPR
- Interactive: Who’s running for the Minnesota Legislature, MinnPost
- Sheran, Cornish to run unopposed, Mankato Free Press
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. John Marty: Stadium postmortem: How a wealthy NFL owner got millions from taxpayers, MinnPost 6/6/12 5:00 a.m.
- Joe Soucheray: Sorry, teachers, but a job evaluation is not a disease, Pioneer Press 6/5/12 11:27 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Minnesota’s United Methodists take a brave stand, Star Tribune 6/5/12 10:51 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- New program in Stillwater schools increases demand for fruits and veggies, Pioneer Press 6/5/12 3:11 p.m.
- Wet weather is expensive for MN Mosquito Control District, KSTP 6/5/12 9:38 p.m.
- Anti-bullying steps by Anoka schools raise hopes, Star Tribune 6/6/12 8:08 a.m.
- Mayo Clinic plans to ‘light the way’ to jobs for area veterans, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/6/12 8:01 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- First National Bank Building sold, Finance and Commerce 6/5/12 5:10 p.m.
- Sustainable: Can St. Paul become an urban farming mecca?, Finance and Commerce 6/5/12 12:49 p.m.
- Minneapolis Wi-Fi growth is far short of expectations, Star Tribune 6/5/12 11:09 p.m.
- Walker Church fire was accidental, investigators say, Star Tribune 6/5/12 5:36 p.m.
- Panel defers decision on Southwest LRT contract, Finance and Commerce 6/5/12 12:56 p.m.