Morning Report 6/5/2012
Published: June 5,2012
Time posted: 9:53 am
- DFLers file to run in competitive Minnesota congressional races 6/4/12 4:12 p.m.
- GOP Rep. Crawford won’t seek re-election 6/4/12 2:20 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- An open letter to Amy Klobuchar, MN Publius
- Clark files as third DFLer in 8th District race, Capitol View
- As Bills helps Walker in Wisconsin, Klobuchar courts female voters, Capitol View
- Crawford not running for re-election in House, Capitol View
- Will changes among religious Minnesotans make the difference in gay marriage vote?, Wry Wing Politics
- Researchers closer to report on rare lung disease among Range workers, Minnesota Brown
- Keith Elllison, spinmeister extraordinaire, Let Freedom Ring
- Whose party is it?, Shot in the Dark
- Steele yourself: Bemidji gadfly files in Minnesota’s Seventh Congressional District, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Pinnacle Airlines wooed to move its HQ to Minnesota, Star Tribune 6/4/12 10:39 p.m.
- New farm in St. Paul to fast-track local food, Star Tribune 6/4/12 7:44 p.m.
- Cub Foods in joint venture of urban hydroponic greenhouse in St. Paul, Pioneer Press 6/4/12 9:57 p.m.
- Canterbury Park and tribe cut deal on gambling, Star Tribune 6/4/12 9:49 p.m.
- Canterbury Park, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community nose out competitors, MPR
- Canterbury, tribe in no-racino agreement; Running Aces track unaware of deal, AP 6/4/12 10:21 p.m.
- ATK wins big contract from U.S. Army, Star Tribune 6/4/12 10:53 p.m.
- Vikings stadium taxes worry charities, Star Tribune 6/4/12 11:30 p.m.
- Tarryl Clark files to complete expected DFL field, Duluth News Tribune 6/5/12 12:00 a.m.
- Oberstar endorses Nolan in 8th District, MPR
- Oberstar endorses Nolan in the crowded 8th District DFL congressional field, MinnPost
- Minnesota DFLers head to Wisconsin to help improve turnout in Walker recall election, MinnPost
- Rosen gets opponent from Eagle Lake, Mankato Free Press
- The DFL convenes amid lots of loathing but maybe not enough fear, MinnPost
- Dayton rips Republicans over civic center funding, Rochester Post-Bulletin
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Council upholds frac sand permit, Winona Daily News
- Mankato council to consider abolishing civil service commission, Mankato Free Press
- Ramsey County retains AAA bond rating, Pioneer Press 6/4/12 6:26 p.m.
- Kiscaden joins Olmsted County commissioner race, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/4/12 4:36 p.m.
- Minnesota seeks to limit psych drugs for kids, Star Tribune 6/4/12 9:52 p.m.
- Appeals court throws out 19 of 20 contempt counts against Minn. woman convicted in terror case, AP 6/4/12 2:58 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Michael Martin: Taxpayers are on a $56 million hook for the Lake County fiber project, Duluth News Tribune 6/5/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Lino Lakes residents told not to drink city water, Star Tribune 6/4/12 11:15 p.m.
- Device to purify water led to terminal evacuation, AP 6/4/12 4:21 p.m.
- Unemployment benefits cut to 46 weeks, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- New grocery store proposed for north Minneapolis, Finance and Commerce 6/4/12 4:18 p.m.
- Payments to Minneapolis digital fund dry up, MPR
- Ethanol producers gather in Minneapolis, Pioneer Press 6/4/12 12:01 a.m.