Morning Report 6/4/2012
Published: June 4,2012
Time posted: 10:18 am
- Amy Klobuchar receives unanimous DFL re-election endorsement 6/2/12 1:56 p.m.
- DFLers can expect a low-drama convention 6/1/12 11:44 a.m.
- Margaret Martin: Bipartisanship is a crossroads, not a two-way street 6/1/12 2:43 p.m.
- Benson offers a departing report card on MSOP 6/1/12 3:00 p.m.
- Franken brings hospital debt collection hearing to state Capitol 6/1/12 2:55 p.m.
- Steven Schier: Key to 2012 election: ‘floating voters’ 6/1/12 2:44 p.m.
- Stadium bill chief author Lanning to retire 6/1/12 2:48 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton: DFL must win majorities in the Legislature, Capitol View
- Met Council begins debate on URS contract Monday, Hot Dish Politics
- Brian Barnes’ Speech at the 2012 DFL State Convention, MN Progressive Project
- DFL convention live blog, LeftMN
- Sen. Klobuchar — Good timing for staying above the fray, mnpACT!
- Dayton, barred from convention two years ago, praised this year, Hot Dish Politics
- A prima facie case against Common Cause, True North
- Projection, Shot in the Dark
- Klobuchar wins DFL endorsement for second term, Capitol View
- Better Know a Senate District: 14, LeftMN
- DFL state convention starts with plea against marriage amendment, Hot Dish Politics
- Emo Senator: As June busts out, Parry and Quist struggle to establish MN CD1 pecking order, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- It’s health subsidies vs. tax on med technology, Star Tribune 6/3/12 10:54 p.m.
- Twin Cities hold steady amid nation’s largest cities, Star Tribune 6/2/12 9:31 p.m.
- Forging a steel deal in St. Paul, Star Tribune 6/3/12 6:27 p.m.
- Delta Air Lines wants to pull in more a la carte fees, Star Tribune 6/4/12 5:47 a.m.
- Oberstar set to endorse Nolan for 8th District House seat, Duluth News Tribune 6/2/12 8:17 a.m.
- Klobuchar trumpets her work with GOP, West Central Tribune 6/2/12 4:43 p.m.
- Legislative races take center stage for DFLers at Mayo Civic Center, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/1/12 11:17 p.m.
- Seen as safe, Klobuchar fights complacency threat, AP 6/2/12 8:58 p.m.
- Amy Klobuchar’s endorsement overshadowed by other DFL convention speakers’ fiery rhetoric, MinnPost
- Pelowski to face challenger for state House seat; county board member challenged, Winona Daily News 6/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Newly endorsed, Klobuchar vows to ‘fight for what’s right’, MPR
- Klobuchar vows a tireless run, Star Tribune 6/3/12 6:51 a.m.
- A mismatched Senate race for Klobuchar and Bills, MPR
- DFL turns focus to training, Star Tribune 6/3/12 9:29 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Former Legislator looks back 20 years to the first MN charter school, WCCO
- Bruininks among highest-paid public university chiefs, MPR
- Percentage of MN teachers taking leave on rise, MPR
- Casual Minnesota vetting allowed tutor vendors to slip through, Star Tribune 6/4/12 6:42 a.m.
- Growth stalling for charter schools in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Star Tribune 6/3/12 11:04 p.m.
- Invasive species: Lockdown on the lakes, Star Tribune 6/3/12 8:53 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Bloomington bonds win top rating from Fitch, Finance and Commerce 6/4/12 7:00 a.m.
- FAA OKs first phase of airport land release in Willmar, West Central Tribune 6/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Duluth’s Mayor Ness: Cooler by the lake, Star Tribune 6/2/12 10:40 p.m.
- Outcomes vary in Essentia’s efforts with small-town hospitals, Duluth News Tribune 6/4/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: Will the DFL capitalize on opportunity?, Star Tribune 6/1/12 11:30 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Minnesota slow to share key day-care data, Star Tribune 6/3/12 5:40 p.m.
- Walter Mondale to help rededicate Orness Plaza, Mankato Free Press
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Minneapolis Veterans Home seeking construction dollars, Finance and Commerce 6/1/12 2:46 p.m.
- Property owners fail to pay city thousands in utility bills; renters left in tough situations, Winona Daily News
- MSP’s Terminal 2 reopened after evacuation due to suspicious device, Star Tribune 6/3/12 7:29 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Cyclists, pedestrians return to Sabo bridge, Finance and Commerce 6/1/12 6:05 p.m.