NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Supreme Court ruling gives green light to health care reform in MN 6/28/12 1:45 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Minnesota political reaction to SCOTUS health care ruling, Capitol View
- …Or you’ll fall for everything, Shot in the Dark
- How should the Tea Party respond to the Obamcare ruling?, True North
- Jim Graves in his own words: Why he will defeat Bachmann, MN Publius
- Friday Local: South Metro Politics, mnpACT!
- M4M disavows Leviticus 20:13 verse used in October letter it promoted on Twitter, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Minnesota’s Korean exports up 22 percent in Q1, Finance and Commerce 6/28/12 4:00 p.m.
- DEED provides $1M to business groups, Finance and Commerce 6/29/12 8:00 a.m.
- Minn. exports grow to $5B, MPR
- Duluth tourism tries to recover after flood, MPR
- A deeper look at a Best Buy private takeover, Star Tribune 6/27/12 1:12 p.m.
- Governor calls for fix to interstate bridge, Winona Daily News
- Mark Dayton talks jobs, education during Thursday visit to Winona, Winona Daily News
- Planning under way for expansion project at Ridgewater College in Willmar, West Central Tribune 6/29/12 12:00 a.m.
- Ritchie sets new marriage amendment ballot title, AP
- Minnesota marriage amendment: Title chosen for ballot measure, Pioneer Press 6/28/12 7:46 p.m.
- MnSCU penalized for hazardous waste violations in St. Cloud, Brainerd, AP
- Ruffed grouse counts decline in Minnesota, Alexandria Echo Press 6/28/12 2:34 p.m.
- Flood muddies Lake Superior like never before, Duluth News Tribune
- Congress wants quicker Asian carp action, AP
- Minnesota officials say they will press ahead with new health care system, MPR
- Minnesota reaction to the Supreme Court’s health care ruling, MPR
- Minn.’s health care left largely intact by high court’s ruling, MPR
- Minnesota moving ahead with health insurance exchange, MinnPost 6/28/12 11:30 a.m.
- Veteran Judge Michael Kirk named to state Appeals Court, MinnPost 6/28/12 12:40 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Rod Hamilton: Don’t blame Minnesota farmers for river pollution, Red Wing Republican Eagle 6/28/12 10:00 a.m.
- Rep. Phyllis Kahn: Political parallels — and Rybak’s incredible turnaround on subsidies, MinnPost 6/29/12 5:00 a.m.
- John Wodele: Experience dealing with hearing problems make him good fit for state commission duties, MinnPost 6/28/12 8:29 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- St. Paul police chief to youth: Put down your guns, Pioneer Press 6/28/12 8:53 p.m.
- Twin Cities RISE! gets $1.5 million grant to help women find jobs after prison, MinnPost 6/28/12 3:12 p.m.
- St. Paul: Tenants of condemned apartments get help filing legal action, Pioneer Press 6/28/12 11:05 p.m.
- Area officials seek facts in silica sand debate in Winona, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/27/12 9:44 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Peavey Plaza supporters sue to protect downtown landmark, Finance and Commerce 6/28/12 5:10 p.m.
- Downtown Minneapolis neighbors don’t want a Dome II, Star Tribune 6/28/12 9:17 p.m.
- Rybak hopes area surrounding new Vikings stadium will thrive, Pioneer Press 6/28/12 8:37 p.m.
- St. Paul Farmers’ Market opening Friday location near state Capitol, Pioneer Press 6/28/12 9:24 p.m.
- Northstar fares cut in bid to boost ridership, Finance and Commerce 6/28/12 5:06 p.m.