Morning Report 6/28/2012
Published: June 28,2012
Time posted: 10:04 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Where the Senate battlegrounds are 6/27/12 3:45 p.m.
- Politicos await ruling on GOP recount fund 6/27/12 3:40 p.m.
- It’s war: Nasty DFL primary fight colors HD 43A race 6/27/12 3:36 p.m.
- Proponents of gay marriage amendment purportedly targeted by hackers 6/27/12 1:05 p.m.
- ABM to target GOP legislators with ads on shutdown anniversary 6/27/12 12:01 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Is our divided political heart even worse than it looks? 6/27/12 3:26 p.m.
- Steven E. Schier: Tim Pawlenty for VP? Assessing his prospects 6/27/12 3:29 p.m.
- David Schultz: Government by ballot: Will Minnesota learn from Wisconsin and California? 6/27/12 3:28 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Minnesota startup hopes to spin out new hydroturbine design, Midwest Energy News
- PoliGraph: GOP gets it right on Clark’s tax record, Capitol View
- A warm, dusty Minneapolis, Saint Paul And Minnesota, Shot in the Dark
- Ellison, Congressional Black Caucus colleagues plan walkout during contempt vote, Hot Dish Politics
- Minnesota House hPVI, LeftMN
- Walz on the fence about Holder contempt vote, Capitol View
- Minnesota Majority files amicus brief in voter ID lawsuit, True North
- Bachmann press secretary moves on, Hot Dish Politics
- A southwestern Minnesota farmer’s clear-eyed view of the Michael Brodkorb files, Bluestem Prairie
- Colin Peterson bows to the NRA once more, mnpACT!
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Prices nick General Mills’ earnings, MPR
- Medtronic wins patent lawsuit, Star Tribune 6/27/12 11:35 a.m.
- DFL chair confident about taking Legislature in 2012, New Ulm Journal
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Collin Peterson to join GOP in contempt vote, Washington Post
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Bill banning synthetic drugs one step from law, Winona Daily News
- West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan schools won’t look to ads to boost revenue, Pioneer Press 6/27/12 11:38 p.m.
- ACGC in west central Minnesota digs into data in effort to close gaps, West Central Tribune 6/28/12 12:00 a.m.
- DEED announces $4.2M in grants for contaminated sites cleanup, Finance and Commerce 6/27/12 6:06 p.m.
- Water planners say comprehensive strategy needed for river improvements, Mankato Free Press
- MPCA seeks comments on proposed Nicollet County dairy, New Ulm Journal
- 3M allowed to burn others’ waste, AP
- Minn. court says Intoxilyzer is reliable, AP
- Judge to consider motion in Avera lawsuit, Marshall Independent
- GOP lawyers: Photo ID details are not necessary, Star Tribune 6/27/12 7:48 p.m.
- Legislators tour Duluth, prepare for aid session, Star Tribune 6/28/12 6:47 a.m.
- Minnesota legislative leaders to ask for special session for flood relief, Duluth News Tribune 6/27/12 10:18 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rob Prater: School ratings are no trick — just progress, Star Tribune 6/27/12 10:02 p.m.
- Rochester city leader Dennis Hanson dies, Star Tribune 6/27/12 11:11 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Assisted-living facility to be more like home-like than institutional, Mankato Free Press
- St. Paul gun incident reports up 65% so far in 2012, Pioneer Press 6/27/12 9:50 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul City Council approves student rental housing buffer near St. Thomas, Pioneer Press 6/27/12 10:57 p.m.
- St. Paul curbs off-campus housing near University of St. Thomas, Star Tribune 6/27/12 9:53 p.m.
- Stillwater: Rehab of lift bridge slated to begin, Pioneer Press 6/27/12 11:08 a.m.