Morning Report 6/27/2012
Published: June 27,2012
Time posted: 10:10 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Mondale, Carlson will lead anti-voter ID campaign 6/26/12 12:18 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Senate handling of Brodkorb situation: How NOT to do it, mnpACT!
- Brodkorb sets deadline for settlement talks with Senate, Capitol View
- Michele Bachmann under 50, Jim Graves 5 points back, LeftMN
- Top lawmakers to tour flood damage, Capitol View
- Walter Mondale, Arne Carlson are among co-chairs of drive against photo ID, Hot Dish Politics
- Just so we’re clear on things, Shot in the Dark
- Dispatches from the War on Betty: real and fake food fights highlight legislative failure, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Greater MSP expands in Asia, but can it create thousands of jobs?, Finance and Commerce 6/27/12 7:30 a.m.
- Report: Founder Schulze exploring taking Best Buy private, MSP Business Journal 6/26/12 3:30 p.m.
- Twin Cities home prices up in April, MPR
- Voter ID factions gather supporters, devise strategies, Star Tribune 6/27/12 7:18 a.m.
- In 2nd District, Obermueller targets Kline on Medicare, MPR
- Senate race: Candidate is a felon and fugitive, but not for arson, suit says, Pioneer Press 6/26/12 10:53 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Fewer students step into STEP-UP, Star Tribune 6/26/12 10:58 p.m.
- Ritchie speaks out against voter ID amendment, New Ulm Journal
- Where college students stand on voter ID, Star Tribune 6/26/12 2:17 p.m.
- Green beer all year for New Brighton brew pub, Star Tribune 6/26/12 5:16 p.m.
- Professor studies paddlefish to gauge health of Mississippi River, Winona Daily News
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Dakota County property tax bills might go up despite more state revenue, Pioneer Press 6/26/12 11:28 p.m.
- Le Sueur City Council declines to act against bioenergy plant, MPR
- YMC Board approves cattle facility despite protest, Marshall Independent
- Renville County approves of DNR land acquisition, West Central Tribune 6/27/12 12:00 a.m.
- Olmsted administrators advise against regional service authority, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/27/12 8:24 a.m.
- Metropolitan Council decides on new logo, Pioneer Press 6/26/12 8:50 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Marshall Helmberger: There’s no glut of charters in rural areas, Star Tribune 6/26/12 9:23 p.m.
- Ron Meador: AT&T victory on cell phone tower invites further intrusions on wilderness, MinnPost
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Cottage Grove: 3M allowed to burn extra waste, but it’s residents who are fuming, Pioneer Press 6/26/12 11:50 p.m.
- Fundraiser seeks to buy bottled water for Duluth, Albert Lea Tribune 6/26/12 2:44 p.m.
- Cravaack confident FEMA will aid Duluth area flood recovery efforts, MinnPost
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Construction to begin on St. Paul’s long-delayed downtown Penfield project, MinnPost 6/27/12 8:12 a.m.
- We’ve had enough, North Side leaders say, Star Tribune 6/26/12 10:54 p.m.
- Governors’ portraits, Part 3: From Rolvaag to Pawlenty, MinnPost
- Dayton announces plans for 4-lane between North Mankato and Nicollet, Mankato Free Press
- HDR to design St. Croix bridge, MPR
- Bottineau LRT: Maybe we don’t have the right route yet, MinnPost