NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Independence Party stays out of U.S. Senate race, opposes constitutional amendments 6/25/12 10:31 a.m.
- Local governments spent $8 million on lobbying in 2011 6/25/12 1:29 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Why sloppy drafting will kill the photo-ID amendment, Schultz’s Take
- Graves the wealthiest candidate on the Congressional ballot, Capitol View
- Moving from inequality to equity in our region, Growth & Justice
- County debt piling up, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
- Why Tim Pawlenty will help Romney win Minnesota, Wry Wing Politics
- A Pawlenty vote, Shot in the Dark
- The brief against Pawlenty for VP, True North
- New hope for Southwest LRT, Hindsight
- Goldsmith: Supreme Court campaign finance ruling will have no affect in Minnesota, Hot Dish Politics
- Senate GOP leaders meet privately with Brodkorb, Capitol View
- Local government lobbying topped $8 million last year, Hot Dish Politics
- Better know a Senate District: 42, LeftMN
- The future of MN campaign finance — well, if there is one, mnpACT!
- Who best represents the Range? Conservation Minnesota or the GOP?, Let Freedom Ring
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Minnesota collects an additional $1 million from mortgage settlement, Pioneer Press 6/25/12 5:18 p.m.
- Rail lines to Iron Range mines are open, Duluth News Tribune 6/26/12 12:00 a.m.
- High court ruling throws state campaign law into doubt, Star Tribune 6/25/12 11:58 p.m.
- Marriage amendment supporters to rally at General Mills, WCCO 6/26/12 6:57 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- South Washington schools considers increasing student activity fees, Pioneer Press 6/25/12 5:12 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- City council discusses gay marriage amendment, Mankato Free Press
- Maplewood the latest metro-area city to publicly oppose marriage amendment, Pioneer Press 6/25/12 10:26 p.m.
- Wabasha County extends mining moratorium, Winona Daily News
- Ex-aide meets privately with top Minn. senators, AP
- Lobbying is a big business in Minnesota, Star Tribune 6/25/12 10:01 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Pat Fallon: Marriage amendment: ‘No’ is the helpful vote, Star Tribune 6/25/12 8:24 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- BWCA cellphone tower ruling a mistake, Albert Lea Tribune
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Court ruling green lights Goodhue County wind turbines, MPR
- Appellate court rules in favor of AWA Goodhue wind project, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/25/12 2:53 p.m.
- Minnesota court of appeals throws out county obstacles to Goodhue wind project, Pioneer Press 6/26/12 12:16 a.m.
- Extent of flood damage to private property still unknown, MPR
- Duluth setting priorities for repairs, AP
- Robberies up, crime patterns shift near light rail construction, KSTP 6/26/12 7:51 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Storm water complicates Lake Street transit project, Finance and Commerce 6/25/12 4:17 p.m.
- Sand trains stir up dust in St. Paul neighborhood, Star Tribune 6/26/12 6:45 a.m.