NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Marriage amendment dominates money landscape 6/22/12 4:01 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: The great train robbery revisited 6/22/12 3:30 p.m.
- In the swing district of HD 11B, circumstances have turned an incumbent pairing into a dual primary free-for-all 6/22/12 3:40 p.m.
- DFL-aligned groups appear to have early fundraising edge 6/22/12 3:46 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Because Tony Sutton says its so, MN Progressive Project
- Phil Krinkie: Forever fighting light rail, mnpACT!
- Steelworkers suffer big defeat in Mesabi Nugget vote, Minnesota Brown
- Ritchie, Swanson won’t enforce Constitution, Let Freedom Ring
- Republicans on the run: Cummins withholding cash, country editors scold GOP senate caucus lawsuit bills, Bluestem Prairie
- New Minn Stadium Authority continues ‘sour taste’ in public’s mouth, Open Secrets
- In praise of Alida Messinger’s millions, Minnesota Conservatives
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Excelsior has new take on Iron Range power plant, Star Tribune 6/23/12 3:17 p.m.
- Independence Party avoids endorsement, opposes amendments, AP
- Marriage amendment foes turn up the volume, Star Tribune 6/23/12 10:47 p.m.
- Washington County: Parades put limits on marching politicians, Pioneer Press 6/23/12 11:50 p.m.
- Pawlenty says to look elsewhere for potential VP, AP
- Dakota County: Colleges teaming up to fill businesses’ ‘skills gap’, Pioneer Press 6/23/12 10:28 p.m.
- Willmar teachers working on school improvement plans, West Central Tribune 6/25/12 12:00 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- For Opat, a private board to match his public one, Star Tribune 6/23/12 12:22 a.m.
- County considers participating in program to help first-time moms, West Central Tribune 6/23/12 12:00 a.m.
- Sugar workers: For 3rd time, no, Star Tribune 6/24/12 6:43 a.m.
- Mesabi Nugget workers vote against forming a union, AP
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Roseanne Grosso: Strong mining ordinance needed for safety, Red Wing Republican Eagle 6/23/12 1:00 p.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: In charter schools, a lesson in compromise, Star Tribune 6/23/12 6:40 p.m.
- Jason Lewis: Voter ID opposition: Quite a show, Star Tribune 6/23/12 5:19 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: State health reform is on solid ground, Star Tribune 6/23/12 6:57 p.m.
- Editorial: What’s next for charter schools?, Star Tribune 6/24/12 8:38 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Hundreds of volunteers clean up at Lake Superior Zoo, AP
- Dakota County schools, youth groups prove to be tempting targets for fraud, Pioneer Press 6/24/12 10:39 p.m.
- Prisoner dies after denial of care, Star Tribune 6/24/12 11:07 p.m.
- Duluth eyes rebuilding for a wetter climate, Star Tribune 6/25/12 5:59 a.m.
- Just in time for boomers, more time at crosswalks, Star Tribune 6/25/12 5:58 a.m.
- Duluth shows the risk of betting against floods, Star Tribune 6/24/12 11:10 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- In St. Paul, officials and developers seek cures for housing blight, MPR
- Economic punch of Target Field tailing off, Star Tribune 6/25/12 5:59 a.m.
- Conflicted over Trader Joe’s in Minneapolis, MinnPost
- On University Avenue, light rail brings anxiety, Pioneer Press 6/24/12 12:01 a.m.
- Stadium authority seeks owner’s rep, consultant, Finance and Commerce 6/22/12 3:02 p.m.
- After successful lobbying effort, Mondale gets Stadium Authority’s director job, MinnPost