Morning Report 6/21/2012
Published: June 21,2012
Time posted: 10:00 am
NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Spending for those who can’t 6/20/12 2:23 p.m.
- Predicting 2012 6/20/12 3:49 p.m.
- Lobbying expense report obscures more than it reveals 6/20/12 3:41 p.m.
- Pro-marriage amendment group’s 2012 fundraising exceeds a half million 6/20/12 5:40 p.m.
- Tribal PACs shut out Senate GOP caucus 6/20/12 2:25 p.m.
- Pro-photo ID group slightly outraises lead group opposing amendment 6/20/12 1:36 p.m.
- $1.3 million in the bank for DFL-aligned independent expenditure groups 6/20/12 11:48 a.m.
- MN Senate approves $85k in legal bills related to Koch-Brodkorb affair 6/20/12 11:27 a.m.
- Capitol 10: Longest tenured female legislators 6/20/12 3:25 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Liberal outside groups raise money for legislative campaigns, Capitol View
- Voter ID groups release first fundraising numbers, Capitol View
- Don’t expect to see Parry or Quist with Olmsted GOP float, Political Notebook
- Why Minnesotans won’t stop the conversation about marriage, Thug in Pastels
- Byberg campaign to push limits of poetic license in Ortonville today with Constitution class, Bluestem Prairie
- To Mr. Graves: To beat Bachmann – self-funding is needed, mnpACT!
- Marriage Discrimination getting clobbered in fundraising even more than we thought, MN Publius
- Alida Messinger writes another big check, Let Freedom Ring
- Bills calls on Holder to resign – Where’s Amy?, Residual Forces
- Buying Minnesota – 2012 Edition, Shot in the Dark
- Consensus forming around Pawlenty?, Hot Air
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mayo Civic Center faces challenge getting grant money, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/21/12 8:08 a.m.
- Romney advisers say Tim Pawlenty wowing them as potential veep pick, Pioneer Press 6/20/12 12:36 p.m.
- Pawlenty is back in the mix for VP, Star Tribune 6/21/12 6:51 a.m.
- Key Minnesota pastors opt out of marriage fight, Star Tribune 6/21/12 5:52 a.m.
- Legislature: Campaign money pours in, Star Tribune 6/20/12 10:00 p.m.
- Quist to hold town hall meeting Thursday, Winona Daily News
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Gov. Dayton will inspect Duluth flooding Thursday, MinnPost 6/20/12 11:02 a.m.
- Minnesota’s lowest college sticker prices to rise, Star Tribune 6/20/12 9:00 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Golden Valley City Council objects to proposed rail line, Star Tribune 6/20/12 11:56 p.m.
- Dakota County approves contract with Minnesota Valley Transit Authority, Pioneer Press 6/20/12 11:24 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Clean-up at TCAAP in Arden Hills, Pioneer Press 6/20/12 7:09 p.m.
- Editorial: Program for at-risk kids is also at-risk, Star Tribune 6/20/12 7:34 p.m.
- Leech Lake tribe elects first chairwoman; protest filed, Bemidji Pioneer
- Minnesota governors’ portraits, Part 2: Burnquist to Freeman, MinnPost
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Duluth area assesses major damage as it begins to dry out, Star Tribune 6/21/12 8:03 a.m.
- Northfield becomes 19th Minnesota city to approve a domestic-partner registry, MinnPost
- More parents delaying children’s vaccinations; health officials concerned, MinnPost
- State experts weigh in on frac sand, Winona Daily News
- Light rail services to be temporarily suspended in Minneapolis, Finance and Commerce 6/20/12 5:19 p.m.
- MnDOT delays move of historic buildings, Finance and Commerce 6/20/12 4:00 p.m.