Morning Report 6/20/2012
Published: June 20,2012
Time posted: 10:24 am
- MN United raises more than $3 million to fight gay marriage amendment 6/19/12 3:28 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Scandal legal bill goes in front of Senate committee, Capitol Chatter
- Minnesota Senate legal bill now nearly $85,000, Capitol View
- hPVI, and what it says about the Senate, LeftMN
- DFL CD-8 primary sniping starts, Let Freedom Ring
- Do appointees of Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority represent the public?, Open Secrets
- Can’t allow the public to forget this much fiscal incompetency, mnpACT!
- Don’t think of a shutdown: MNGOP leaders abandon values, campaign as nurturing parents, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Surly narrows possible brewery sites, Star Tribune 6/19/12 5:43 p.m.
- Local, state jobless rates remain low, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/20/12 7:22 a.m.
- Xcel Energy expanding downtown Minneapolis headquarters, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 12:01 a.m.
- Conservative group posts $1 million ad buy in Minn., AP
- Marriage battle stokes fundraising, Star Tribune 6/19/12 10:44 p.m.
- Minnesota marriage amendment foes outraise supporters, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 10:52 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Kline co-chairs new NRCC fundraising effort, MinnPost 6/19/12 1:43 p.m.
- Walz pushes for action on transportation funding bill, MinnPost
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- BEC will up levy to make up for city pulling out of library, Mankato Free Press
- Ramsey County to seek state grant to help buy TCAAP, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 8:51 p.m.
- Rosemount: Lack of progress on senior center irks city officials, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 11:25 p.m.
- State proposes Medicaid adjustment as Boomers enter system, MPR
- Vans deliver access to health care, Star Tribune 6/19/12 9:40 p.m.
- Minnesota responds in Medicaid probe, Star Tribune 6/19/12 9:29 p.m.
- Fed judge renders decision on lawsuit vs. Mayo Clinic, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/19/12 8:20 p.m.
- Difficult vote ahead for American Crystal workers on strike, MinnPost 6/19/12 4:58 p.m.
- Koch-Brodkorb scandal legal bill jumps to $84K, AP
- Calls for outside investigation into Brodkorb scandal, MinnPost 6/19/12 3:36 p.m.
- Legislators want review as Minn. Zoo ends dolphin exhibit, MPR
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Dave Senjem: Minnesota is headed in right direction, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/20/12 7:16 a.m.
- Stephen Wilbers: Cellphone tower will scar BWCA, Star Tribune 6/19/12 8:21 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Is anti-Muslim bias St. Anthony’s issue?, Star Tribune 6/19/12 8:53 p.m.
- Minnesota immigration shift mirrors national trend, Star Tribune 6/19/12 11:11 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- MN expands lawsuit against hospital debt firm, AP
- Accretive’s stolen laptop contained patient names, Swanson says, MPR
- States lose ground in efforts to fund pensions, retiree health care, MPR
- Stricter Minnesota youth hockey penalties are likely to be undone, Star Tribune 6/20/12 7:30 a.m.
- Public can weigh in on Wirth Park overhaul, Star Tribune 6/19/12 8:25 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis City Council’s Schiff: ‘Not one to sit on a fence’, Star Tribune 6/19/12 11:06 a.m.
- Central Corridor: Artists to host workshops in vacant University Avenue storefront, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 6:44 p.m.
- Fate of Mpls. Trader Joe’s may hinge on Thursday vote, Star Tribune 6/19/12 1:17 p.m.
- Panel struggles to limit door-to-door sales in Minneapolis, MinnPost 6/19/12 10:11 a.m.
- Homeowners appeal to city council to curb student housing rentals, MPR
- Downtown St. Paul’s First National Bank Building sold, Pioneer Press 6/19/12 8:13 p.m.
- St. Paul restaurant seeks environmental waiver for stormwater, Star Tribune 6/19/12 8:14 p.m.
- Hennepin board approves $79.3 million Interchange hub, Star Tribune 6/19/12 4:11 p.m.
- Swanson calling it a career after 44 years, Mankato Free Press
- Pier testing to begin for St. Croix span, Star Tribune 6/19/12 9:27 p.m.