Morning Report 6/19/2012
Published: June 19,2012
Time posted: 10:45 am
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Tony Hernandez: Five Paths To Congress, Shot in the Dark
- Ventura offers to campaign against marriage amendment, Political Notebook
- Clark releases first TV ad, Capitol View
- The Straw Teacher, Shot in the Dark
- DFL frustration boiling over, Let Freedom Ring
- DFL statewide media campaign needed: ‘Replace The Worst Legislature Ever.’, Wry Wing Politics
- Photo ID amendment wouldn’t have stopped the 0.011% vote fraud in Ramsey County, MN Progressive Project
- France awards Oberstar its ‘Order of Merit’, Hot Dish Politics
- Short memory: Washington Republicans forget that Walz favored choice, all families in 2006, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Despite advances, senior housing remains tricky pitch, Finance and Commerce 6/18/12 5:15 p.m.
- Mayo Clinic growth boosts Rochester’s boom, MPR
- More fuel plants are eyeing isobutanol, Star Tribune 6/18/12 9:08 p.m.
- Minnesota Power sticks up for old coal-burners, Star Tribune 6/18/12 9:38 p.m.
- Election confusion — signs of the times, Star Tribune 6/18/12 8:37 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- House agrees to pay Minnesota tribes $28 million, Star Tribune 6/18/12 9:27 p.m.
- Observers: Rep. Tim Walz positioned well despite GOP criticism, MPR
- Josh Reimnitz: from TFA to nonprofit to school-board hopeful, MinnPost 6/18/12 8:45 a.m.
- No cuts coming at Marshall Schools, Marshall Independent
- St. Paul files brief in suit challenging Voter ID amendment, wants measure kept off ballot, Pioneer Press 6/18/12 11:30 p.m.
- DNR: Invasive species violation rates unacceptable, AP
- Actions praised in 2011 BWCA wildfire, Star Tribune 6/19/12 7:38 a.m.
- Cell tower near BWCA gets OK from appeals court, Star Tribune 6/18/12 10:26 p.m.
- Court allows AT&T cell tower near BWCA, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Health on the horizon – Douglas County participating in five-county plan, Alexandria Echo Press 6/18/12 4:13 p.m.
- Anoka County gun owners pay less thanks to budget surplus, KSTP 6/18/12 11:23 p.m.
- Minnesota Vikings spent $115K lobbying for new stadium, Pioneer Press 6/18/12 11:06 p.m.
- Representatives talk taxes in Marshall, Marshall Independent
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Charlie Zelle: Marriage ban is bad for business, Star Tribune 6/18/12 8:35 p.m.
- John C Nienstedt and Harry J. Flynn: Our battle for religious freedom, Star Tribune 6/18/12 8:36 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A humane reprieve for young immigrants, Star Tribune 6/18/12 10:16 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Lawsuits continue against Olmsted County jail, Rochester Post-Bulletin
- Law enforcement fighting ‘epidemic’ of heroin use, MPR
- McDonald imprisoned in male facility, Star Tribune 6/19/12 7:20 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Trader Joe’s plan faces rezoning vote, Finance and Commerce 6/19/12 7:20 a.m.
- Home restoration workshops coming to North side, Finance and Commerce 6/18/12 4:48 p.m.