Morning Report 6/15/2012
Published: June 15,2012
Time posted: 9:48 am
- Panel OKs outside counsel for Legislature in Voter ID suit 6/14/12 9:58 a.m.
- Paper Trail: Campaign finance board expected to rule on GOP recount expenses in July 6/14/12 2:53 p.m.
- Dayton, Rybak appoint stadium authority members 6/14/12 3:20 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The Bluebird of Happiness, Wry Wing Politics
- Audit released on agencies’ handling of the 2011 shutdown, Hot Dish Politics
- Police union backs Klobuchar, Capitol View
- Legislative leaders hire private attorney to defend Photo ID plan, Hot Dish Politics
- Legislature hires outside lawyer, joins photo ID lawsuit, Capitol View
- Coalition of Child Care Providers vs. CCPT, Let Freedom Ring
- Choices, Choices, Choices, Smart Politics
- Surviving LRT construction just a first step, Hindsight
- Agenda 21: Because there’s more room for crazy, Minnesota Conservatives
- Emo Senator: Pledging allegiance to the flag by talking and pointing in front of some people, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- In Minnesota, construction emerges as bright spot for jobs, Finance and Commerce 6/14/12 2:35 p.m.
- Little movement, more skepticism about MN job market, MPR
- Minnesota’s employment growth rate slower than the nation’s overall 1.4%, Pioneer Press 6/15/12 12:57 a.m.
- Twin Cities foreclosures down, Star Tribune 6/14/12 10:34 p.m.
- IRRRB OKs annual budget, projects, Duluth News Tribune 6/15/12 12:00 a.m.
- Rick Nolan makes case for Act 2 in Congress, AP
- General Mills opposes marriage amendment, MPR
- General Mills opposes Minnesota amendment to ban same-sex marriage, Pioneer Press 6/15/12 12:57 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz praises Chamber, Winona Daily News
- Wheeling and dealing with Dayton in China, MinnPost 6/14/12 9:43 a.m.
- LGA payments contained in tax bill signed by Governor Dayton, Alexandria Echo Press 6/15/12 12:00 a.m.
- Kaler selects Pam Wheelock as new VP for U operations, Star Tribune 6/14/12 9:01 p.m.
- Voter ID fight escalates as Ritchie bows out of case, Star Tribune 6/15/12 5:50 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Dale Wahlstrom: Device tax will cost jobs, and lives, Star Tribune 6/14/12 9:04 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Corporate courage, Star Tribune 6/14/12 6:44 p.m.
- Editorial: Regents take reins on executive pay, Star Tribune 6/14/12 8:02 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- State funding cuts put personnel, public at risk, MPR
- Funding cuts imperil safety, Minneapolis firefighters say, Star Tribune 6/14/12 11:00 p.m.
- Minnesota immigrant, refugee communities seek voice in health care policy, TC Daily Planet
- Rivers flooding in Dakota, Rice, Goodhue counties after storms, Star Tribune 6/15/12 8:09 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Museum finally finds home in St. Paul, Star Tribune 6/14/12 8:51 p.m.
- Re-Imagining Snelling Avenue: Open house seeks community input, TC Daily Planet
- Dayton, Rybak name appointees to stadium authority, Finance and Commerce 6/14/12 5:43 p.m.
- Top Dayton aide to lead Vikings stadium authority, MPR
- Five members named to Stadium Authority, chaired by Dayton staffer Michele Kelm-Helgen, MinnPost 6/14/12 2:47 p.m.
- Vikings stadium panel set; big tasks lie ahead, Star Tribune 6/14/12 11:17 p.m.