Morning Report 6/14/2012
Published: June 14,2012
Time posted: 9:47 am
- The battle for Northfield 6/13/12 3:36 p.m.
- And then there was one 6/13/12 3:29 p.m.
- Lawsuit tries to knock voter ID off November ballot 6/13/12 3:26 p.m.
- Chip Cravaack to get ad help from NRCC 6/13/12 5:26 p.m.
- MN Racing Commission approves landmark Canterbury-Mystic Lake gambling deal 6/13/12 6:45 p.m.
- GOP Sen. Pam Wolf, author of ‘LIFO’ bill, loses teaching job 6/13/12 9:56 a.m.
- MAPE’s Jim Monroe fights the good fight for unions6/13/12 3:10 p.m.
- Capitol 10: A wish list for the new Vikings stadium 6/13/12 3:11 p.m.
- David Schultz: The problems of rookie government 6/13/12 3:21 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Amendments would take Minnesota’s reputation backward 6/13/12 3:18 p.m.
- Steven Schier: Lessons for Minnesota from the Wisconsin recall 6/13/12 3:16 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Colangelo looks to reverse GOP fortunes on the eastern Range, Minnesota Brown
- Can Minnesota learn from North Dakota’s business model? Sure, if we strike oil., Growth & Justice
- Koch group targets lawmakers on Vikings stadium vote, Capitol View
- U.S. Rep. Ellison, St. Paul City Council rally to “get money out of politics”, Hot Dish Politics
- PoliGraph: Paulsen tax claim is defensible, Capitol View
- Kurt Bills. Republican U.S. Senate candidate. Movie star?, Hot Dish Politics
- Kurt, the reviews are in: it’s a giant clunker!, Wry Wing Politics
- Minnesota’s gender gap: the disappearing female candidate?, Smart Politics
- Suing your way into St. Anthony, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Earned media for the MNGOP US Senate primary: failed reality tv pilot vs. Twilight Zone trailer, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Commission approves historic deal between tribe, horse track, MPR
- Racing commission backs Canterbury Park-Mystic Lake Casino alliance, Star Tribune 6/13/12 8:39 p.m.
- New Minnesota biofuel plant in Luverne faces patent fight, Star Tribune 6/13/12 4:40 p.m.
- Company boosts projections for mine near Ely, AP
- Conveyor belt firm slated for IRRRB loan, Duluth News Tribune 6/14/12 12:00 a.m.
- University of Minnesota sheds buildings, rethinks work to save money, Finance and Commerce 6/13/12 4:10 p.m.
- Farmington teachers get summer peek at elementary students’ skills to help focus fall instruction, Pioneer Press 6/13/12 6:29 p.m.
- Heavy May rainfall leads to more pollution in Minn. rivers, MPR
- Mississippi River tour shows danger, potential, Pioneer Press 6/13/12 6:44 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Swift County commissioners may hire administrator as part of redesign, West Central Tribune 6/14/12 12:00 a.m.
- Medicaid numbers spike in Minnesota, Star Tribune 6/13/12 11:13 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Dan McGrath: Voter ID — opponents underestimate the problem, overestimate the cost, Pioneer Press 6/13/12 7:18 p.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: Minnesota dodged North Dakota tax bullet, Star Tribune 6/13/12 3:32 p.m.
- Gerald Von Korff and Jim Hilbert: On schools: Don’t be fearful; be concerned, Star Tribune 6/13/12 8:24 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: North Dakota voters showed common sense, Star Tribune 6/13/12 8:38 p.m.
- Editorial: More business, more jobs, Pioneer Press 6/13/12 7:18 p.m.
- More Minnesota business owners are immigrants, Finance and Commerce 6/14/12 7:00 a.m.
- Former-Gov. Jesse Ventura takes on ‘gangs’ in government, MPR
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Muslims aren’t giving up on opening Islamic center, Star Tribune 6/13/12 11:29 p.m.
- Tenants of problem St. Paul buildings offered buyouts, Star Tribune 6/13/12 10:07 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Mpls. Convention Center restrooms slated for $2.5 million overhaul, Star Tribune 6/13/12 5:24 p.m.
- St. Paul may tap Neighborhood STAR program to help fund Lowertown ballpark, Pioneer Press 6/13/12 6:59 p.m.
- Hennepin County awards grants, OKs loans for transit-oriented projects, Finance and Commerce 6/13/12 4:00 p.m.
- Six development projects on transit corridors get Hennepin County loans, MinnPost 6/13/12 2:03 p.m.