Morning Report 6/11/2012
Published: June 11,2012
Time posted: 10:36 am
- Canterbury Park, Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux cut deal that upends gambling debate 6/8/12 2:32 p.m.
- $50 million in DEED fund sets off lobbying push 6/8/12 2:21 p.m.
- DFLers target open House seat on friendly turf 6/8/12 2:18 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: Dayton: The one hit wonder 6/8/12 2:04 p.m.
- County mulls state money bid for Arden Hills site 6/8/12 2:07 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Poll: Klobuchar has a wide lead over competition,Capitol View
- Paulsen to give GOP reply to Obama weekly address, Hot Dish Politics
- Better Know a Senate District: 17, LeftMN
- Bachmann pledges cash to U.S. Senate candidates, Capitol View
- Paulbots 4 Primaries – Now I get it, Residual Forces
- MN Congressional Races: The Four GOP Seats, mnpACT!
- Minnesota legislature’s fight against DFL’s ‘situational’ election integrity, Let Freedom Ring
- Killing the competition, Shot in the Dark
- When opportunity doorknocks: redistricting and the rising tide of optimism among rural DFLers, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Greater MSP opening Shanghai office, Finance and Commerce 6/8/12 3:00 p.m.
- Economic reports point to more mixed signals for Minn., MPR
- Fond du Lac Band to choose leader amid legal battle, Duluth News Tribune 6/10/12 12:00 a.m.
- As Scott County’s growth stalls, hurdles arise, Star Tribune 6/10/12 10:02 p.m.
- Minnesota defense companies retool for future, Star Tribune 6/10/12 8:01 p.m.
- Senate candidate Kurt Bills’ last day of school is first day of intense summer campaigning, MinnPost
- Kurt Bills confident of victory in Senate primary, MPR
- Duluth rally promotes defeat of marriage amendment, Duluth News Tribune 6/11/12 7:26 a.m.
- Minnesota gay marriage vote divides state’s clergy, AP
- Rookie teachers feel the brunt of cuts, Star Tribune 6/9/12 9:44 p.m.
- U president reverses one cut to employee scholarship, Star Tribune 6/8/12 10:08 a.m.
- Wisconsin sues Twin Cities firms over sand spill in St. Croix River, Star Tribune 6/9/12 6:55 p.m.
- Twin Cities area faces stricter air quality rule, MPR
- Minneapolis battling a bumper crop no one wants, Star Tribune 6/10/12 11:50 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Anoka County, Roseville: Candidates slates set for county, city posts, Pioneer Press 6/9/12 10:04 p.m.
- Washington County commissioner Pulkrabek has 2 challengers for seat, Pioneer Press 6/9/12 12:01 a.m.
- ‘Unusual’ field to challenge Anoka County’s Andy Westerberg, Star Tribune 6/9/12 9:43 p.m.
- Dakota County: Board race draws more than dozen candidates, Pioneer Press 6/9/12 10:12 p.m.
- Big names in Ramsey County Board races could mean campaign fireworks, Pioneer Press 6/9/12 10:17 p.m.
- Paul’s disciples seek local offices, Star Tribune 6/10/12 8:27 p.m.
- GOP legislative sponsors Kiffmeyer and Newman want to intervene in Photo ID lawsuit, MinnPost
- Vikings stadium could be Lanning’s legacy, AP
- Senjem, other Republicans seek to keep photo ID on ballot, AP
- The DFL’s window of opportunity?, Marshall Independent
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Carla Nelson: Constituents’ ideas set the course in St. Paul, Rochester Post-Bulletin 6/9/12 5:00 a.m.
- Katharine Kersten: State poised to enter a legal danger zone, Star Tribune 6/9/12 5:45 p.m.
- Jean O’Connell: On quality teaching, St. Paul board and teachers federation are on the same side, Pioneer Press 6/9/12 3:44 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: If device tax is lost, special interests win, Star Tribune 6/9/12 6:00 p.m.
- Editorial: State was fair, firm on copper mining, Star Tribune 6/8/12 7:34 p.m.
- Rural newcomers: Young, educated, there by choice, Star Tribune 6/10/12 9:02 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- New DWI tester is called flawed, Star Tribune 6/9/12 9:40 p.m.
- Higher Ground: An innovative approach to fight homelessness, MinnPost 6/11/12 12:01 a.m.
- Heroin again makes central Minn. inroads, AP
- Classified-ads website Backpage.com under fire over sex trafficking, Star Tribune 6/10/12 10:16 p.m.
- Residents resist eviction on St. Paul’s north end, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Wind cited as factor in Sabo Bridge failure (update), Finance and Commerce 6/8/12 2:04 p.m.