Morning Report 5/9/2012
Published: May 9,2012
Time posted: 9:56 am
- Super PAC backs Hegseth in Klobuchar challenge 5/8/12 10:48 a.m.
- Vikings stadium proposal clears Senate, headed to conference committee 5/9/12 12:43 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The Minnesota Vikings — based in Delaware?, Political Notebook
- Senate reinstates Minneapolis referendum for Vikings stadium, Hot Dish Politics
- MN GOP reaches rent agreement with landlord, won’t be evicted, Capitol View
- Franken, Klobuchar vow to fight for Senate student loan bill, Hot Dish Politics
- $500 million bonding bill receives final OK, Capitol Chatter
- Vikings user fee votes — before and after, Hot Dish Politics
- Vikings to Plot of Land East of Metrodome XIX — Festooning in the Senate, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Open Letter To The Vikings, Shot in the Dark
- Senate gives Vikings a sweetheart deal, MN Publius
- Jeff Hayden proposes amendment to help women and girls escape sex trafficking, MN Progressive Project
- Three blind mice (Bakk, Thissen & Winkler) won’t find jobs in tax bill, Let Freedom Ring
- Blast from the past: despite Pew Hispanic Center report, Minnesota’s xenophobes soldier on, Bluestem Prairie
- Show us some smoke, Shot in the Dark
- Bachmann is also a Swiss citizen, Capitol View
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Report: Workers’ comp claims going down, Finance and Commerce 5/8/12 6:34 p.m.
- Higher house prices coming, according to new research, Star Tribune 5/8/12 2:35 p.m.
- New 3M CEO predicts ‘significant hiring’ in next few years, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 3:19 p.m.
- St. Paul officials happy that small subsidy helps get $50 million steel firm investment, MinnPost 5/8/12 10:21 a.m.
- Dolan earnings plunge 95% as revenue falls, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 11:26 a.m.
- Super PAC backs Senate candidate Hegseth, MinnPost 5/8/12 12:05 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Cravaack introduces Boundary Waters land swap bill, Duluth News Tribune 5/8/12 7:56 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Sen. Klobuchar seeks legislation to ban employers from getting Facebook passwords, Alexandria Echo Press 5/8/12 2:16 p.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- Honoring gun-range law could be daunting, police say, Star Tribune 5/8/12 10:58 p.m.
- Dayton vetoes ‘fire sprinkler’ bill, Finance and Commerce 5/8/12 4:14 p.m.
- Dayton signs omnibus agriculture legislation into law, Alexandria Echo Press 5/8/12 11:52 a.m.
- University of Minnesota plans for next big building in biomedical district, Finance and Commerce 5/8/12 4:04 p.m.
- By one yardstick, Southwest tops state high schools, Star Tribune 5/8/12 3:43 p.m.
- ESL conference speakers describe Minnesota’s changing language learning landscape, TC Daily Planet
- Dean argues that design thinking ought to guide STEM education, Star Tribune 5/8/12 5:30 p.m.
- Faster study a small step toward stopping carp, AP 5/8/12 5:52 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Dakota County’s Branning to retire from County Board, Star Tribune 5/8/12 2:40 p.m.
- Auditor: MN should encourage local gov’t consolidation, MPR
- Second chance for bonding rejects in DEED’s new $47.5M fund, Finance and Commerce 5/8/12 4:56 p.m.
- At Capitol, $50 million fund for local projects, AP
- $566 million projects bill heads to Dayton, Star Tribune 5/8/12 8:29 p.m.
- Dayton expected to sign $496 million bonding bill passed by House, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 6:57 p.m.
- Capital investment bill on its way to the governor, Session Daily
- Bill repeals IRRRB privacy provisions, Duluth News Tribune 5/9/12 12:00 a.m.
- Reps. Murray, Poppe vote in favor of Vikings stadium bill, Albert Lea Tribune 5/8/12 9:28 a.m.
- Lawmakers tell Vikings no-go on soccer deal, KSTP 5/8/12 8:41 p.m.
- Senate bill increases Vikings’ contribution to $452M, MPR
- Minnesota Senate passes Vikings stadium bill, AP
- Senate debates Vikings stadium late Tuesday, Mankato Free Press
- Minnesota Vikings stadium bill clears state Senate, MPR
- Vikings stadium: How they voted in Senate, Pioneer Press 5/9/12 1:08 a.m.
- Senate approves Vikings stadium with a raft of changes, differences, Star Tribune 5/9/12 5:25 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Jon Tevlin: Stadium votes are a carnival of American democracy, Star Tribune 5/8/12 9:01 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Parry-Quist fight part of GOP divide, Albert Lea Tribune 5/8/12 9:39 a.m.
- Editorial: Cheers for a modest state bonding bill, Star Tribune 5/8/12 6:35 p.m.
- Editorial: Saving steel jobs in St. Paul, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 5:38 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Bonding bill includes funds for affordable housing, MPR
- Chicago mayor weighs in on Accretive Health-attorney general flap, MPR
- Chicago’s mayor to Minnesota: Back off from bill collector Accretive Health, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 3:53 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Overhaul is planned for affordable complex in Rondo area, Finance and Commerce 5/9/12 7:15 a.m.
- Senate stadium bill limits charter nullification, Star Tribune 5/8/12 4:26 p.m.
- Penfield apartment/Lunds project gets financing approval, MinnPost 5/8/12 2:14 p.m.
- Penfield project gets key commitment, construction could begin soon, Pioneer Press 5/8/12 4:46 p.m.
- Met Council to pick adviser on transit-oriented growth, Finance and Commerce 5/8/12 3:06 p.m.