Morning Report 5/7/2012
Published: May 7,2012
Time posted: 10:07 am
- Quid pro quo helped trust lands, DNR fee bills 5/4/12 2:55 p.m.
- Strange turns precede looming stadium vote 5/4/12 2:54 p.m.
- David Strom: Sausage making in St. Paul 5/4/12 2:48 p.m.
- Dayton vetoes GOP tax bill, rejects tie-in to Vikings stadium push 5/4/12 10:47 a.m.
- Rick Nolan endorsed by CD 8 DFL 5/6/12 2:41 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- SuperPAC targeting Cravaack opens office in Duluth, Capitol View
- The GOP’s Vikings problem, mnpACT!
- Zellers says he ‘misspoke’ in KFAN interview about the Vikings, Hot Dish Politics
- Spoken like a true socialist, Part II, Let Freedom Ring
- Dayton signs off on racetrack-casino deal, vetoes standards bill, Hot Dish Politics
- Cooperation fading as session nears end, Capitol Chatter
- Made in heaven: Hawley letter writer could be perfect Allen Quist communications staffer, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Vikings kick up a fuss for soccer, Star Tribune 5/5/12 1:27 a.m.
- Confident Minnesota companies perform despite turbulence, Star Tribune 5/6/12 8:47 a.m.
- IRRRB OKs investment in dental firm in Gilbert, Duluth News Tribune 5/5/12 12:00 a.m.
- Slow building recovery means it’s a good time to remodel, MPR
- More expensive homes with new building code?, Star Tribune 5/7/12 6:14 a.m.
- DFLers back ex-Rep. Nolan in 8th District, AP 5/5/12 9:09 p.m.
- DFL party endorses Nolan to oppose Cravaack, MPR
- Nolan wins endorsement at 8th Congressional District DFL convention, Duluth News Tribune 5/5/12 4:00 p.m.
- Olmsted Republicans pick Valeriano over Sullivan, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/4/12 8:47 a.m.
- Tab rises for students at U, Star Tribune 5/5/12 7:40 p.m.
- DNR officials laud natural resources bill, Marshall Independent
- Volunteers defend the prairie, Mankato Free Press
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Anoka County district lines have been drawn, Star Tribune 5/5/12 9:15 p.m.
- Dock Street developers frustrated with Hennepin County over ‘transit trench’, MinnPost
- City to mull civic center options, Mankato Free Press
- Projects await fate as Minnesota bonding vote nears, Finance and Commerce 5/4/12 4:10 p.m.
- Last-minute lobbying aims to sway Vikings vote, MPR
- Stadium supporters warm up for legislative face-off, MPR
- Angry GOP not inclined to help Dayton’s priority (stadium) after losing its priority (tax bill), MinnPost
- No room to punt on Vikings stadium bill, AP 5/6/12 5:38 p.m.
- Most area lawmakers plan to vote for Vikings stadium, Mankato Free Press
- Stadium vote not first for some legislators, AP 5/6/12 3:17 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Duane Quam: Another chance for the Governor to show he’s serious about putting people to work, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/4/12 7:22 a.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: Under siege, sponsors of stadium bill act like pros, Star Tribune 5/5/12 6:11 p.m.
- Dave Orrick: Game and fish bill’s saga isn’t pretty – it’s politics, Pioneer Press 5/5/12 10:13 p.m.
- Maureen Mulvaney: In north Minneapolis, a whirlwind, then stasis, Star Tribune 5/5/12 4:31 p.m.
- Lisa Tabor: Charles Landry and ‘interculturalism’ in the Twin Cities, Pioneer Press 5/5/12 6:48 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: D-Day for stadium — and Vikings fate, Star Tribune 5/5/12 8:06 p.m.
- Editorial: State makes two right moves, Red Wing Republican Eagle 5/4/12 3:00 p.m.
- Editorial: Fairview lost sight of its core values, Star Tribune 5/4/12 8:52 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Asleep at day care and in deadly peril, Star Tribune 5/6/12 8:26 p.m.
- Iron Range town fighting for more than the mail, Star Tribune 5/5/12 9:50 p.m.
- Test of meds delivery in emergency goes well, MPR
- Local Muslim community looks to educate vandal, Marshall Independent
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul police aren’t waiting for a crime wave, Pioneer Press 5/6/12 10:03 a.m.
- St. Thomas-area rental rule changes up for comment, Pioneer Press 5/7/12 7:45 a.m.
- 11th-hour stadium rally led by Dayton, Star Tribune 5/6/12 8:18 a.m.
- Vikings fans rally for new stadium, MPR
- Forbes: Stadium will enrich Vikings owner Wilf, not help taxpayers, MinnPost