Morning Report 5/4/2012
Published: May 4,2012
Time posted: 9:59 am
- Dayton vetoes bill to repeal LIFO 5/3/12 5:41 p.m.
- Paper trail: 2012 bonding spreadsheet 5/3/12 5:46 p.m.
- Legislature sends tax bill to Dayton 5/3/12 5:51 p.m.
- Jeff Anderson rolls out Dill, Huntley endorsements 5/3/12 10:01 a.m.
- National Democrats target Kline, throw support behind Obermueller 5/3/12 12:05 p.m.
- GOP leaders scrap roofless stadium plan, set end-of-session path 5/3/12 12:52 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Chanting Points Memo: The Dumbest Chanting Point Of All, Shot in the Dark
- Why should a legislative Democrat vote for any of this?, mnpACT!
- Vikings to Plot of Land East of Metrodome XV — Back to the Unicorn, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Wearing facepaint for voluntary commerce, not sports welfare, True North
- GOP plan collapses, vote on original stadium plan set, Capitol Chatter
- Bonding bill delayed to ‘tweak’ higher ed funding, Hot Dish Politics
- Landwehr: Helping a friend, not getting involved with Vikings stadium, Hot Dish Politics
- New County District Lines, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
- Obama to visit Minnesota, Capitol View
- Reps Dill and Huntley endorse Jeff Anderson in CD-8, MN Progressive Project
- Pete Hegseth vs. Ron Paul, MN Progressive Project
- Kurt Bills’ & Ron Paul’s last man standing strategy, Residual Forces
- Emmer: Omnibus tax bill is more than what the mainstream media suggests, True North
- Gov. Dayton sides with unions…again, Let Freedom Ring
- A defense of Mike Parry: the dangerous state of Highway 14 and nuisance ‘gotcha’ politics, Bluestem Prairie
- National Democrats to target Kline, Pioneer Press 5/3/12 4:22 p.m.
- Job fairs are good politics, but unlikely to lead to work, MPR
- Dayton vetoes bill that would weaken teacher seniority, MPR
- Dayton vetoes overhaul of teacher tenure rules, a top GOP priority, Star Tribune 5/3/12 11:28 p.m.
- Gov. Mark Dayton expected to veto tax-cut bill, Pioneer Press 5/3/12 11:25 p.m.
- Dayton signs bill to hike license fees for hunting, fishing, AP 5/3/12 6:56 p.m.
- It’s not all Capitol bickering as governor signs Legacy bill, MinnPost 5/3/12 11:52 a.m.
- Dayton is Exhibit A in event on governor as ‘best job’, MinnPost 5/3/12 10:23 a.m.
- Judge throws out zebra mussel lawsuit, MPR
- Trust at heart of copper mine debate, Duluth News Tribune 5/4/12 12:00 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Panel rejects Edina medical office plan, Finance and Commerce 5/3/12 4:18 p.m.
- Mankato city manager gets statewide award, Mankato Free Press
- County cracks down on welfare fraud, Alexandria Echo Press 5/4/12 12:00 a.m.
- Mayo Civic Center funding is stripped from Senate bonding bill, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/3/12 4:45 p.m.
- Finally, a floor vote awaits after new stadium plan dies a quick death, MinnPost 5/3/12 5:14 p.m.
- Republicans abandon 11th-hour Vikings stadium plan, MPR
- Movement at Capitol, as deadline nears, MPR
- Legislature sends Dayton property tax freeze on business in busy day at Capitol, AP 5/3/12 9:01 p.m.
- Westrom runs House for a day, Alexandria Echo Press 5/4/12 12:00 a.m.
- Craziest end to a legislative session: 1857, KSTP 5/3/12 12:00 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Thore Dosdall: Gambling’s sure bet is that people lose, Star Tribune 5/3/12 8:04 p.m.
- Dan Hedlund: Paperless ticket innovation restricts consumer choice, Duluth News Tribune 5/4/12 12:00 a.m.
- Wayne Cox: Monday’s the date for real jobs legislation, MinnPost 5/4/12 5:00 a.m.
- Ellen Kehr: Complete streets consider all users, Albert Lea Tribune 5/3/12 10:21 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Fireworks veto serves the few, Albert Lea Tribune 5/3/12 10:22 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Activists say police provided them drugs, Star Tribune 5/3/12 12:14 p.m.
- Task force explores what works to stop bullying, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/3/12 9:12 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Central Corridor creates a wall of gray in Frogtown, limiting access to shops, Pioneer Press 5/3/12 7:56 p.m.
- Stadium outcome in question when House votes Monday, MPR
- Monday is D-Day for the stadium, Star Tribune 5/4/12 12:34 a.m.
- Vikings stadium: Vote expected Monday, Pioneer Press 5/3/12 8:17 p.m.
- Federal funding for bike routes pays off in Twin Cities, Star Tribune 5/3/12 8:27 p.m.