Morning Report 5/24/2012
Published: May 24,2012
Time posted: 10:07 am
- Party Paul 5/23/12 3:06 p.m.
- Dayton: Two for three for 2012 5/23/12 3:07 p.m.
- Election 2012: You can’t tell the players without a scorecard 5/23/12 2:57 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: America reaches a turning point 5/23/12 2:54 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Things to like about session 5/23/12 2:48 p.m.
- The Funders Collaborative tries to make light rail work for University Avenue 5/23/12 2:45 p.m.
- DFL Rep. Sandra Peterson to retire 5/23/12 3:51 p.m.
- Incumbents Doepke, Smith lose endorsement contests in SD 33 5/24/12 12:59 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Meyer files for DFL primary in House 6B seat, Minnesota Brown
- PoliGraph: Bills health care law claim leaves out key details, Capitol View
- The big Minnesota elections in 2014, MN Progressive Project
- Seniors chop up AARP cards in Voter ID protest, Hot Dish Politics
- Rybak hires O’Rourke to be his Chief of Staff, Capitol View
- Dayton, Ritchie, will pretend they like Iron Rangers, miners, Let Freedom Ring
- Mining Truth: About those jobs, jobs, jobs, LeftMN
- The wave of the future has not yet crashed on the beach of public opinion, Shot in the Dark
- Emo Senator: Adventure with Rick Nolan helps set a certain tone for Mike Parry’s campaign, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Taprooms spring up as Surly narrows its search, MPR
- Light rail planners seek economic development funding, MPR
- Duluth fails to block tribal casino hotel, AP
- Kline tells supporters that re-election bid will be toughest since 2002, Obermueller pledges to raise $1 million, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Minnesota Methodists latest religious group to weigh in on marriage amendment, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 10:58 a.m.
- Busch receives DFL nod, Jordan Independent 5/23/12 11:14 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Ellison, Fields duel over federal support for Minneapolis, MinnPost 5/23/12 11:58 a.m.
- PolyMet environmental review delayed again, Duluth News Tribune 5/24/12 12:00 a.m.
- Minnesota’s new pollution watchdog takes control, AP
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Hennepin Co.: No new library for N. Mpls neighborhood, MPR
- Eagan planning commission recommends denial of housing plan for golf course land, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Inver Grove Heights council member Bill Klein to run for Dakota County Board, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Eagan, Woodbury government workers are recognized for communication with public, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Landfall will drop Maplewood police services, use county sheriff’s office, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Merging of Kandiyohi depts. suggested in study, West Central Tribune 5/24/12 12:00 a.m.
- Nicollet County to start from scratch to fill top post, Mankato Free Press
- Senate gets hefty bill in firing of Brodkorb, Star Tribune 5/23/12 8:50 p.m.
- Sandra Peterson also leaving the Legislature, Star Tribune 5/23/12 9:23 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: North Side recovers in wake of tornado, Star Tribune 5/23/12 10:33 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Two historic Minnesota agencies merge on adoptions, Star Tribune 5/23/12 10:06 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Capitol restoration project draws just 2 responses, Finance and Commerce 5/23/12 4:32 p.m.
- St. Paul City Council eases parking requirements for restaurants, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.
- Taxpayers League unscientific survey says Minneapolis residents oppose stadium deal, MinnPost 5/23/12 12:32 p.m.
- Vikings stadium: Minneapolis City Council to take up financing plan, Pioneer Press 5/23/12 12:01 a.m.