NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Rick Perry, GOP lamakers Daudt and Brown back Pete Hegseth in Senate bid 5/14/12 10:54 a.m.
- Local GOPers consider Urdahl endorsement after Vikings vote 5/14/12 11:57 a.m.
- Dayton vetoes second omnibus tax bill 5/14/12 4:25 p.m.
- SurveyUSA poll: Dayton, gay marriage get high marks 5/14/12 4:41 p.m.
- Hotly contested endorsing conventions on the horizon 5/14/12 5:34 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton vetoes tax bill with business breaks, Capitol Chatter
- Dayton vetoes another GOP tax bill, Capitol View
- Dayton cheered — and heckled — as he signs Vikings stadium bill, Hot Dish Politics
- Do-Nothing Legislature? Pi-Press doesn’t think so, Let Freedom Ring
- Case in Point: Why the Republican Party needs to start over, MN Progressive Project
- Marriage discrimination amendment: locked into a mistake, mnpACT!
- Conservative Voters: Step Back From The Ledge (Part II), Shot in the Dark
- Franken claims victory on road signs, Hot Dish Politics
- Tim Pawlenty Comes Home, Smart Politics
- Popular Cokato Township wingnut provokes Republican kerfuffle over Urdahl stadium vote, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Best Buy founder Richard Schulze quits over Brian Dunn scandal, Star Tribune 5/14/12 10:48 p.m.
- Pawlenty denies any interest in VP job, AP
- T-Paw says he is not interested in being V-Paw, Star Tribune 5/14/12 11:11 p.m.
- Severson aims at Klobuchar with Cain, Ryan economics, MPR
- Dayton signs Vikings stadium bill amid cheers, jeers, familiar faces, MinnPost 5/14/12 2:32 p.m.
- Vikings stadium: Dayton signs $975 million bill, Pioneer Press 5/14/12 8:46 p.m.
- Dayton gets last word as he vetoes reworked GOP tax cuts, Star Tribune 5/14/12 11:19 p.m.
- Minnesota governor downs 2nd GOP tax plan, AP 5/14/12 6:55 p.m.
- Dayton vetoes scaled-back tax bill, Pioneer Press 5/14/12 8:57 p.m.
- MnSCU average tuition could rise 3.9 percent, MPR
- MnSCU board considers tuition increases averaging 3.7%, AP 5/14/12 10:34 p.m.
- Kaler’s staff recommendation: End special leaves at U, Star Tribune 5/14/12 8:31 p.m.
- Great River Energy, two co-ops to test smart grid technologies, Finance and Commerce 5/14/12 4:11 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Stenglein to resign from Hennepin board on May 31, Star Tribune 5/14/12 11:08 a.m.
- Aging population leads Minn. nurses back to school, MPR
- Workers at 8 Twin Cities hospitals take strike vote, Star Tribune 5/14/12 7:14 p.m.
- Senjem: Session successful, governor vetoes disappoint, Mankato Free Press
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Bill Jungbauer: State GOP is returning to sound principles, Star Tribune 5/14/12 8:25 p.m.
- C.A. Arneson: Given evasiveness, it’s hard to trust PolyMet’s assurances, MinnPost 5/15/12 5:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: A poor grade on education for lawmakers, Star Tribune 5/15/12 5:40 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Can’t afford a lawyer? Check out LegalCORPS, Finance and Commerce 5/14/12 1:50 p.m.
- Minnesota grand jury indicts right-to-die group, AP
- Raw milk supporters rally outside Minn. courthouse, AP
- Legal fight looms in Apple Valley suicide case, 5/14/12 9:47 p.m.
- Homeless but not nameless, Star Tribune 5/14/12 7:16 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul: Board nixes Cossetta’s variance, Pioneer Press 5/14/12 8:59 p.m.
- Vikings’ finances shielded from public in $975 million deal to build new stadium in Minnesota, AP 5/15/12 6:52 a.m.
- Central Corridor light rail half-way complete, MPR
- Nice Ride to add 30 bike stations this summer; most will be in downtown St. Paul, Pioneer Press 5/14/12 6:18 p.m.
- MnDOT seeks to lower expectations on Highway 14, Mankato Free Press