Morning Report 5/16/2012
Published: May 16,2012
Time posted: 10:42 am
- Mike Maguire uncertain about running in primary after losing endorsement appeal 5/15/12 8:08 p.m.
- It’s that time again: the PIM 2012 legislative races scorecard 5/15/12 2:45 p.m.
- Common Cause MN files complaints against ALEC 5/15/12 10:21 a.m.
- Despite challenge, Urdahl endorsement safe after Vikings vote 5/15/12 8:28 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Labor organizer Metsa to seek Rukavina seat, Minnesota Brown
- Chanting Points Memo: ‘Do-nothing’, Shot in the Dark
- Republicans and Democrats ask state to pay more than $700K in redistricting legal fees, Hot Dish Politics
- Mark Ritchie in his own words on Photo ID, Let Freedom Ring
- The stadium that ate the legislative session, MN Progressive Project
- Cravaack ranked as least conservative Republican in MN delegation, Capitol View
- Minnesota Senate Tax Chair denied GOP endorsement, Hot Dish Politics
- Ortman denied GOP endorsement for State Senate, Brick City Blog
- Rep. Dean Urdahl throws tantrum, paper wad at wife, Senator Scott Newman ducks projectile, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Bond sales push up Allianz operating profit of $217M, Star Tribune 5/15/12 6:05 p.m.
- Labor organizer Metsa seeks Rukavina’s Minnesota House seat, Duluth News Tribune 5/15/12 3:56 p.m.
- Dayton, DFL leaders traveling the state Tuesday, saying the GOP did nothing, MinnPost 5/15/12 10:05 a.m.
- Dayton, DFL leaders take to the air to promote results, Star Tribune 5/15/12 11:15 a.m.
- Hegseth seeks Medicare, Social Security overhauls, MPR
- GOP to skip endorsing convention, Mankato Free Press
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Dayton: Vetoed tax-relief bill from GOP was irresponsible, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 3:28 p.m.
- School space for lease in Minneapolis, Finance and Commerce 5/15/12 7:54 p.m.
- MnSCU outlines transfer rights, Star Tribune 5/15/12 5:50 p.m.
- MnSCU students face 3.9 percent tuition hike, MPR
- Farmington school board approves first iPad lease agreement, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 3:24 p.m.
- Four seek southwest seat on Minneapolis school board, Star Tribune 5/15/12 8:17 p.m.
- Minnesota Waters to end operations, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 1:56 p.m.
- Lake Waconia island is empty without its cormorants, Star Tribune 5/15/12 9:31 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Elections heat up in Douglas County, Alexandria Echo Press 5/16/12 12:00 a.m.
- Workers authorize strike at 8 Twin Cities hospitals, Star Tribune 5/15/12 8:53 p.m.
- Mayo Alzheimer’s expert lauds new federal initiative, MPR
- Sen. Majority Leader reflects on ’12 session, Marshall Independent
- Vikings stadium: cheers or jeers?, Alexandria Echo Press 5/16/12 12:00 a.m.
- Ortman can’t secure endorsement of local Republicans, Chaska Herald 5/16/12 12:28 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Sustain St. Paul Schools budget conversation in good years as well as bad, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 5:44 p.m.
- Four-lane is best option for Highway 14, Mankato Free Press
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Immigrant group opposes photo ID proposal, Star Tribune 5/15/12 9:13 p.m.
- Security cuts hit public housing in Minneapolis, Star Tribune 5/15/12 10:07 p.m.
- ‘Money-hungry’ tactics raised alarms at Fairview, Star Tribune 5/16/12 7:50 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- St. Paul mulls new parking rules for bars and restaurants, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 5:24 p.m.
- Ramsey County in talks with management company, bicycle-coffee shop for Union Depot, Pioneer Press 5/15/12 6:26 p.m.
- Republicans start Facebook page on ‘How to Unendorse Stadium Supporters’, MinnPost 5/15/12 11:22 a.m.
- Southwest Minnesota’s roads: ‘a generally deteriorating system’, MinnPost 5/15/12 2:30 p.m.
- Mpls. to resurface 70 miles of streets by year’s end, MPR