Morning Report 5/14/2012
Published: May 14,2012
Time posted: 9:43 am
- What’s in final stadium bill? 5/11/12 2:32 p.m.
- In bizarre finish, DFL legislators took the lead in passing Republican-sponsored bonding and stadium bills 5/11/12 2:33 p.m.
- Photos: This week at the Capitol 5/11/12 2:29 p.m.
- So long, adios, auf wiedersehen 5/11/12 2:26 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: The ghost of stadiums past 5/11/12 2:21 p.m.
- Dayton signs bonding bill, calls session mostly ‘disappointing’ 5/11/12 2:14 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Rukavina retires, marking end of an Iron Range era, Minnesota Brown
- Rukavina joins retirement list, Capitol View
- ‘Statesman and character’ Rukavina to retire, Capitol Chatter
- It’s more than partisan at the Capitol. It’s personal, News Cut
- Janatopoulos first to announce run for Rukavina seat, Minnesota Brown
- Call to Bakk a stadium turning point, Capitol Chatter
- Strib: ‘This duck is a buffalo’, Shot in the Dark
- If Langseth got his way…, Capitol Chatter
- How to do effective political activism in Minnesota!, MN Progressive Project
- A Streetcar Named Absurd, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
- Kline votes to ban same-sex marriage on US military bases, Hot Dish Politics
- A Better Legislature: Already misleading Minnesota, Let Freedom Ring
- Conservative voters: Step back from the ledge, Shot in the Dark
- Marriage bigotry road trip makes pit stop in Fergus Falls Daily Journal newsroom, Bluestem Prairie
- As legislative session ends, campaign 2012 kicks off, MPR
- Session over, legislators hit campaign trail, Star Tribune 5/11/12 9:35 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Cravaack claims Coast Guard rules hurt Mille Lacs fishing, AP
- ‘War on women?’ Yes, no and a sidestep, Star Tribune 5/13/12 8:22 p.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- Twin Cities police will miss the Crown Victoria, Pioneer Press 5/12/12 6:46 p.m.
- Dayton OKs bill to stop transfers of inspection money, Finance and Commerce 5/14/12 7:30 a.m.
- Dayton’s session assessment offers blunt criticism of GOP legislative majorities, MinnPost
- Dayton to sign Vikings stadium bill into law on Monday, AP 5/13/12 3:25 p.m.
- Park Rapids to host the 66th annual Governor’s fishing opener next year, AP
- St. Paul Public Schools: If budget is set, is input needed?, Pioneer Press 5/12/12 10:58 p.m.
- Metro State University celebrates 40 years, looks to west metro expansion, MinnPost
- SCSU’s aviation program loss not automatically MSU’s gain, Mankato Free Press
- Gaylord, Minn., school’s strategy pays off, Star Tribune 5/13/12 9:22 p.m.
- Cottage Grove: Controversy flares over 3M incinerator, Pioneer Press 5/13/12 12:01 a.m.
- Leaping, invasive Asian carp may have a back door for sneaking into Minnesota — Iowa, AP 5/13/12 4:02 p.m.
- State officials recommend closing northern coal-fired plants, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Aid to small town could forestall bankruptcy, Star Tribune 5/12/12 8:52 p.m.
- Bonding package doesn’t include some local projects, MPR
- Scott, Dakota differ in use of lobbyists, Star Tribune 5/12/12 9:53 p.m.
- Rukavina retiring after 26 years in Minnesota House, Duluth News Tribune 5/11/12 10:55 p.m.
- Rukavina says farewell to House, Star Tribune 5/11/12 8:01 p.m.
- Q&A with retiring Rep. Tom Rukavina, MPR
- Rep. Rukavina reflects on 26 years in House, WCCO 5/13/12 4:06 p.m.
- Westrom elected to wrestling HOF, West Central Tribune 5/12/12 12:00 a.m.
- Dahms, Torkelson talk Vikings, Highway 14, New Ulm Journal
- The 2012 Legislative session: What did they pass?, MinnPost 5/14/12 12:01 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Jeanne Poppe: Bonding and stadium bills will put people to work, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/14/12 8:02 a.m.
- Lori Sturdevant: How do you take your Tea?, Star Tribune 5/12/12 5:10 p.m.
- D.J. Tice: In politics, business as usual, Star Tribune 5/12/12 5:51 p.m.
- Mike Mullen and Steven Cohen: Our returning veterans: It’s out turn to fight for them, Pioneer Press 5/12/12 4:50 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Assessing progress on Minnesota’s business climate, Pioneer Press 5/12/12 4:38 p.m.
- Editorial: Legislature avoids ‘do-nothing’ label, Star Tribune 5/12/12 5:58 p.m.
- Editorial: Chicago mayor’s defense of Accretive shortsighted, Star Tribune 5/12/12 12:53 p.m.
- Editorial: Leading on gay marriage, Star Tribune 5/12/12 5:22 p.m.
- Don’t add commissioners, Jordan Independent 5/12/12 5:09 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Drivers who are texting often escape the law, Star Tribune 5/13/12 7:18 a.m.
- Farmer set for trial in Minnesota raw milk case, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Wilf won’t say whether he really would have moved team, Star Tribune 5/11/12 11:42 a.m.
- Sid Hartman: Rep. Lanning says bill was nearly dead, Star Tribune 5/12/12 11:45 p.m.
- Mark Wilf: ‘In it for the long haul’, MPR
- Vikes owners hint at retractable roof for stadium, AP
- Stadium’s ‘fun part’ begins now, Star Tribune 5/13/12 3:26 p.m.