NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- UPDATED: GOPers Thompson, Downey form campaign fund 4/30/12 9:02 a.m.
- Dayton, GOP to resume talks 4/30/12 9:42 a.m.
- Tax conferees reopen bill to change funding 4/30/12 1:00 p.m.
- Allen Quist will run in CD1 GOP primary 4/30/12 3:56 p.m.
- Dayton, GOP no closer to reaching end-of-session deal 4/30/12 4:12 p.m.
- GOPers Thompson, Downey to dissolve campaign fund 4/30/12 4:39 p.m.
- State GOP reaches rent agreement with landlord 4/30/12 9:39 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton issues second abortion veto, Hot Dish Politics
- Latest Vikings stadium ploy: soccer?, MN Progressive Project
- Minnesota license fee increases get through GOP legislature, MN Progressive Project
- Dysfunctional state government, mnpACT!
- Tails tell the tale in the dispute over the Tax bill, Capitol View
- Shannon Savick announces for State House 27A seat, MN Progressive Project
- Legislative notebook: Dayton, GOP agree on health care funding, Capitol Chatter
- URS offers to fly chief executive in to lobby Dayton for state contract, Hot Dish Politics
- Tax conference committee avoids cuts to renters’ property tax refunds, passes tax bill, MN Budget Bites
- Nighttime and weekend votes should be strictly limited at the Legislature, MN Publius
- …And there was some bad news. Maybe., Shot in the Dark
- Emo Senator: Mike Parry thinks free rent for Wilfs’ hypothetical soccer team is awesome, Bluestem Prairie
- It almost makes light rail look fiscally responsible, Shot in the Dark
- Three senators say taxes paid by fans can help fund stadium, Capitol View
- Emo Senator: August primary battle extends beloved telenovela into summer sweeps, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Good jobs sign: more online want ads, MPR
- Credit union to operate out of high school in St. Paul, KSTP 4/30/12 5:16 p.m.
- Delta Air Lines buys a refinery, estimates it can cut fuel bill by $300 million a year, AP 4/30/12 5:57 p.m.
- Quist will run for congressional seat in Aug. 14 primary election, Mankato Free Press
- Elysian lawmaker again deliberates run against Rosen, Mankato Free Press
- Tschumper to take on Davids in House District 28B, Winona Daily News 5/1/12 12:00 a.m.
- Visualizing presidential campaign contributions throughout Minnesota, MinnPost 4/30/12 9:20 a.m.
- Minn. GOP reaches deal with landlord to avoid eviction, Star Tribune 4/30/12 10:03 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
CRIME / POLICE
- Rybak picks cop to lead department she once challenged, Star Tribune 4/30/12 11:55 p.m.
- Q&A: Mpls. Assistant Police Chief Janee Harteau, MPR
- Apple Valley chief defends officers’ actions in fatal shooting of suspect, Star Tribune 4/30/12 2:52 p.m.
- Inquiry backs two top police officers, Pioneer Press 4/30/12 9:32 p.m.
- Dayton vetoes medication abortion bill, AP
- Dayton’s HHS bill signing becomes a bipartisan celebration, MinnPost 4/30/12 12:40 p.m.
- U professor settles charges of double pay, Star Tribune 4/30/12 9:56 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Legislature: Session-ending deal elusive, Star Tribune 4/30/12 10:48 p.m.
- Horse race gambling deal clears House, MPR
- Tribal casinos, private horse tracks make legislative deal on enhanced gambling, AP 4/30/12 11:48 p.m.
- Racetrack, casino bill zips through Minnesota Legislature, Star Tribune 5/1/12 6:02 a.m.
- Stadium, bonding and tax changes all in play, Marshall Independent
- Legislature signs off on payout bill inspired by Burnsville schools case, Pioneer Press 4/30/12 11:49 p.m.
- Minnesota House expected to vote on gambling bill, MPR
- Capitol talks continue with little progress reported, MPR
- What ALEC bills might we see next session?, MinnPost 4/30/12 9:15 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Legislature should aim for ‘win-win’, Star Tribune 4/30/12 9:18 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Protest group plans to “occupy” house to prevent eviction, Star Tribune 4/30/12 1:47 p.m.
- AIDS, HIV cases drop 12% in Minnesota, Star Tribune 4/30/12 11:34 a.m.
- Fixing a ride, fixing a life on the Iron Range, MPR
- BNSF pays families $29 million to settle 2003 Anoka crash, Star Tribune 4/30/12 9:24 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Park Board poised to spend $1.37 million on river parcel, Star Tribune 4/30/12 12:06 p.m.