Morning Report 5/11/2012
Published: May 11,2012
Time posted: 10:44 am
- Vikings stadium bill clears final legislative hurdle 5/10/12 2:28 p.m.
- Ehlinger confirmation hearing canceled again 5/10/12 10:35 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- 13 members of the Senate retire, Capitol View
- Minnesota lawmakers say good-bye, Hot Dish Politics
- ‘Skol, Vikings’ heard around the Capitol, Capitol Chatter
- Tears flow at retirement speeches, Capitol Chatter
- Democrats in Legislature made the construction jobs happen, mnpACT!
- Worst legislature ever is finally done, MN Progressive Project
- As session ends, liberal group launches campaign, Capitol View
- Tom Dooher is a lying sack of garbage, Shot in the Dark
- Reactions to Michele Bachmann’s Swiss citizenship bombshell, MN Progressive Project
- Explanations, Part I, Shot in the Dark
- Emo Senator: Quistian soldiers strike back in Southern Minnesota letters to the editor, Bluestem Prairie
- When Republicans see John Marty as their own, Minnesota Conservatives
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Accretive to comply with Franken’s query, CEO says, Star Tribune 5/10/12 11:00 p.m.
- 14 area post offices face cuts in hours, Albert Lea Tribune 5/10/12 5:39 p.m.
- Montplaisir to take on Drazkowski, Winona Daily News 5/11/12 12:00 a.m.
- Delegates to state GOP convention will vote on marriage definition, MinnPost
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- University regents to consider lowest tuition increase in years, MPR
- Rushford-Peterson schools lose bid for state bonding money, MPR
- St. Thomas President Fr. Dennis Dease to retire after 22 years, MinnPost
- St. Thomas president Dease retiring June 2013, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Mankato likely among cities lining up for state infrastructure funds, Mankato Free Press
- Redistricting affects 2012 commissioner races, Alexandria Echo Press 5/10/12 3:28 p.m.
- Meyer to leave Minnesota Supreme Court; Dayton will make first appointment, Pioneer Press 5/10/12 9:51 p.m.
- As session ends, lawmakers spar over results of work, MPR
- Rosen, Morrow were at center of stadium debate, Mankato Free Press
- Magnus gives emotional farewell speech, Marshall Independent
- Vikings stadium bill passes Senate, Marshall Independent
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Tom Dooher: Legislature missed opportunities to repay schools, address achievement gap, Duluth News Tribune 5/20/12 3:41 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Strong leadership led to stadium deal, Star Tribune 5/11/12 12:07 a.m.
- Editorial: ‘Good enough’ tax bills, Star Tribune 5/10/12 9:03 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Document: Bands aim to take more walleye on Mille Lacs, MPR
- Expansion of gravel pit in northern part of Kandiyohi Co. draws complaints, West Central Tribune 5/11/12 12:00 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- In Vikings bill, some goodies for St. Paul, Finance and Commerce 5/10/12 4:55 p.m.
- Vikings stadium site work could begin this year, Finance and Commerce 5/10/12 3:49 p.m.
- 600 St. Paul residents now have new county commissioners, MinnPost
- Vikings stadium drama at the Capitol ends with approval, Pioneer Press 5/10/12 11:11 p.m.
- After years of dealing and debate, Vikings get their biggest win, Star Tribune 5/11/12 6:20 a.m.
- After years of wrangling, new Vikings stadium nearly a reality, MPR
- Vikings owner: ‘We’re here to stay, guys’, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/10/12 8:50 p.m.
- Minneapolis mayor happy with final stadium deal, predicts City Council approval, MPR
- Stadium authors, Vikings fans overwhelmed by last-minute victory, MinnPost
- Timetable set for Minneapolis City Council’s stadium vote, MinnPost
- Money questions remain about new Vikings stadium, AP