Morning Report 5/10/2012
Published: May 10,2012
Time posted: 9:16 am
- Minnesota House gives final OK to Vikings stadium bill 5/10/12 4:26 a.m.
- Vikings to contribute $477M in confereed stadium bill 5/10/12 12:03 a.m.
- State GOP financial report finds no illegal activity 5/9/12 4:07 p.m.
- DFL votes pass GOP bonding bill 5/9/12 4:11 p.m.
- Capitol awaits final stadium vote 5/9/12 4:16 p.m.
- House passes slimmed down tax bill 5/9/12 5:55 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: Yes to the Vikings 5/9/12 4:01 p.m.
- A second chance for bonding rejects 5/9/12 4:03 p.m.
- Second omnibus tax bill headed for floor votes 5/912 11:27 a.m.
- Stadium conferees have major differences to settle fast 5/9/12 11:48 a.m.
- Paper Trail: The new GOP tax bill 5/9/12 8:34 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Whew! At least nobody was overtly stealing…, mnpACT!
- Quist calls for immediate audit of state’s Medicaid program, Political Notebook
- Pawlenty to close remnants of national political operation, Capitol View
- Ron Paul to address state GOP convention, Capitol View
- Building a team folks will want to join, True North
- Dayton appoints new head of pollution control agency, Hot Dish Politics
- Just as $330 is between $200 and $300, The Cucking Stool
- Photo ID-supporting group accused of not registering as charity, Hot Dish Politics
- Legislature passed the stadium bill – Vikings dictate the terms, mnpACT!
- Legislators think the end is near, Capitol Chatter
- Anzelc IRRRB daylight provision to become law, Minnesota Brown
- 23 House Retirements, Capitol View
- Well, we needed more taxes anyway, didn’t we?, Shot in the Dark
- House OKs stadium, on to Senate, Capitol Chatter
- Key points to stadium bill, Capitol Chatter
- New agreement boosts Vikings stadium share to $477 million, Hot Dish Politics
- Vikings stadium bill one step away from Gov. Dayton, Capitol View
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Ron Paul to address Minnesota GOP convention, AP 5/9/12 8:55 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- New Chamber of Commerce ad backs Cravaack, MinnPost 5/9/12 12:08 p.m.
- Rep. Cravaack: Cut climate change education funds, Star Tribune 5/9/12 11:33 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
CRIME / POLICE
- Did cop hand out marijuana? State puts trooper on paid leave, Pioneer Press 5/9/12 8:45 p.m.
- Minn. police drop controversial drug program, MPR
- St. Paul City Council pays $86K in police brutality case, Star Tribune 5/9/12 8:26 p.m.
- Eden Prairie schools altered, Star Tribune 5/9/12 7:26 p.m.
- U, Fairview to build $182 million clinic near campus, Star Tribune 5/9/12 9:30 a.m.
- Lawmakers add $50M to Vikings’ stadium tab, AP 5/10/12 6:53 a.m.
- House passes stadium deal; Senate up next, Star Tribune 5/10/12 7:56 a.m.
- Bills not perfect, but major hurdles have been cleared, Marshall Independent
- Vikings one vote away from new stadium, AP
- Vikings one step closer to new stadium, MPR
- Vikings stadium: team reacts, AP
- Conference committee working stadium deal behind closed doors, MPR
- House passes smaller, less-expensive tax bill, MPR
- Purple state: Mapping Vikings stadium legislative votes, MinnPost 5/9/12 10:48 a.m.
- House Republicans pass revised tax-relief bill for businesses, Pioneer Press 5/9/12 9:10 p.m.
- Blackout amendment unlikely to stick to bill, says senator, Pioneer Press 5/9/12 8:06 p.m.
- Senate structures pay for expected legal bills, Pioneer Press 5/9/12 11:13 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Study: Homelessness persists on reservations despite improved housing, MPR
- Central Minnesotans kick the tires of regional plan, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Light rail pushes evolution of Prospect Park, Finance and Commerce 5/10/12 7:35 a.m.
- St. Paul plans further appeal after losing decision in Lofts construction suit, MinnPost 5/9/12 1:36 p.m.
- Central Corridor work to close University Avenue behind Capitol four months; neighbors fear disruption, Pioneer Press 5/10/12 12:36 a.m.
- Vikings’ dilemma: How much is too much for stadium?, AP
- The Minnesota Vikings stadium: a test of economic principle, TIME